facebook

rushing as a sophomore

by: Z

It probably seems too early to be thinking about this, but I'm currently a freshman and am pretty much miserable at my school. I'm thinking I want to transfer next fall and right now I'm considering URI (it's closer to home than my current school). If I do end up transferring I definitely want to rush. I actually went through formal recruitment at my school, but obviously it didn't work out. Anyways, I wanted to see if anyone knows what it's like rushing as a sophomore. Will sororities be less likely to want me? Also, at my current school, the sororities I really loved were Chi Omega and Sigma Kappa, what are they like here? My sister was in Delta Zeta so I think that makes me a legacy, but she wasn't in the URI chapter so I don't know if that makes a difference, but given that fact would I be more likely to get a bid from DZ? Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me!

Posted By: Z
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: greeek   

Rushing as a sophomore is no problem at all. As did so many other girls. Yes certain sorority's are more likely then others to except sophomores but they all do. Especially this year because so many sophomores rushed.
For what each sorority is like you can refer to certain lists on here they are accurate to some extent, however take them with a grain of salt. Every sorority on campus has something great to offer and is filled with girls that care about there chapter. Otherwise they would not be there. There is way to much that goes around with rankings ect. that are based on old rumors, some true some false, but you really need to judge for yourself. You have to look for the girls you think you would be the most comfortable with otherwise what is the point.
And with your sister being in DZ that does make you a legacy and I believe that would give you a slightly better chance at getting in there, however they and you would still have to decide if it is the best fit.
So all in all you should definitely rush even if you are a sophomore and see for yourself if you can find the house for you.

By: greeek

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.