facebook

spring rush

by: Sophomore

I am a sophomore this year and I already regret not rushing this fall semester. Are my chances of getting a bid very low if I rushed spring semester? Do all sororities take spring pledges?

Posted By: Sophomore
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: ?   

It is WAY TOO EARLY to know which houses will do spring recruitment. But, it is likely there will be at least a few houses taking small pledge classes.

By: ?
#2  by: answer-   

Not all sororities participate in spring recruitment, and the pledge classes are usually smaller. Anywhere from 4-14 girls, sometimes more.

By: answer-
#3  by: Few   

You could call panhel or greek life and see if they know if any houses are still recruiting this semester. There were a bunch of houses that didn't make quota. Some chapters might still be looking to give bids.

By: Few
#4  by: Hi   

As it stands right now, it looks like half the houses (on all ends of the spectrom) will be participating in some sort of Spring recruitment (whether it be parties or just giving a couple of bids). As usual, there is VERY limited space so it will be super competitive.

By: Hi
#5  by: Anon   

Because so many girls had rushed in the Fall. Most sororities will not be participating in Spring recruitment at all. It is too early to say which will be, but all quotas of girls had to be raised for the mass amount of girls that rushed. Which means sororities already have more than they originally planned. Fall is when you really should have rushed, only select houses will be taking girls with pledge classes as little as 8. So the chances are extremely competitive in the Spring, with very few houses.

By: Anon
#6  by: Anon---no   

Quota has nothing to do with chapter total which will get adjusted to the average chapter size. Once that happens, chapters who are under that number (and currently there are half of them) will be allowed to COB in the spring. Many won't bother to have actual recruitment parties, based on the fact that they will be hand-picking who they give their few bids to based on sister reccommendations and interviews, but bidding will still happen.

I agree with anon that you definitely should have rushed BUT if you see something in the spring, go...you don't want to miss out again.

Spaces are very limited as there probably won't be more than 30-40 bids given in total. Good luck!

By: Anon---no
#7  by: Seriously?   

"Anon--no" is absolutely correct. In the spring each house will have the chance to take new members up to the new total. Last year KD colonized, so that skewed things...but about 4-5 existing houses gave anywhere from 2-15 bids (per house), along with 100+ women colonizing KD.

If you are interested in going greek next semester, get out there! Talk to your greek friends, attend events, get to know people. In the spring especially, relationships matter.

By: Seriously?
#8  by: ...   

How can there be houses that did not reach quota if pretty much everyone took a pledge class of 50 girls?

By: ...
by: UhOct 4, 2014 5:18:48 PM

Because quota was 53, and some houses didn't match with enough girls to make quota, while others took additions.

By: Uh
#9  by: oh   

what houses didn't meet the 53 quota?

By: oh

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.