facebook

done

by: Never Again

I was so excited to join a sorority this year but tonight ended that for me. Girls should never be told they are not wanted. So many girls' self esteems were crushed tonight and I could not stand seeing it. I had to leave. The process is sickening and so many of us will not be back.

Posted By: Never Again
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: NonGreek   

Tried warning you people about greek life at kent but nooooo no one listened.

By: NonGreek
#2  by: Mammabear   

Darling so sorry to hear you had a horrible experience. Couple of thing that need to be said. One if you DO NOT have the GRADES your done. Two with so many girls going through, PNM recommendations are always HELPFULL I don't care if it's not the SEC. Three there is always next year!

By: Mammabear
#3  by: Greek990   

I understand that a lot of girls had their self esteem crushed but to not tell anyone that they are not wanted would mean to let everyone in and that very much defeats the object.

By: Greek990
#4  by: Reality Check   

After you graduate, you will be turned down for a job time after time. This is life. People don't always get what they want.

By: Reality Check
#5  by: One and Only   

Were you not asked back to any chapter or just not the chapter you wanted?

By: One and Only
#6  by: Watchit   

Informal recruitment may still be an option. Grades do matter and there were a ton of girls to consider. There are great sororities on campus. They are all great and unique in some way and like was suggested, your top choice may not have worked out but all of the sororities have special qualities so be open.

By: Watchit
#7  by: wellallrightythen   

The problem is everyone thinks they need to go to two different sororities when all the sororities are really awesome in some way. Girls end up being disappointed because it ends up looking like the high school problem with the mean/pops and everyone else. If you are doing this because of that, you shouldn't be in a sorority at all. It is supposed to be about building leadership qualities, providing outreach, developing networks and friendships based on like values, etc. If you are not open to the other sororities on campus, then you may want to look to an organization that is within your major instead. But, being closed to all of the sororities based on mean stereotypes just means you are stereotyping too. Good luck.

By: wellallrightythen
#8  by: KSUGREEK   

Some chapters are having COB events this week. If going Greek is something that you really want to do then it wouldn't hurt to try. However there is always the risk of being rejected again and if you can't handle that then don't bother. Your grades will also play a huge factor so if they aren't up to par then save yourself the time

By: KSUGREEK

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.