facebook

is aphi really that bad?

by: Curious

I'm thinking of going greek this fall, and based on things I've heard from friends at Kent, you can't go wrong with, literally, any of them. And I have a close friend who is close with just about everyone in APhi, so I'm curious why they get such a bad rep? Is it really a petty sorority?

Posted By: Curious
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Nope   

Stay away from being Greek unless you want to be beaten and humiliated.

By: Nope
by: The facts Aug 26, 2014 9:15:58 PM

If you actually understood what you were talking about (which you don't) kent has an extremely strict policy AGAINST hazing. I'm in Greek life here and if hazing did actually happen, I would have never been apart of it from the begaining. Let Greek life create a home for you at kent and create your own opinions

By: The facts
#2  by: The Dutchess   

^ignore that garbage. Go through recruitment and see for yourself.

By: The Dutchess
by: The DutchessAug 15, 2014 12:53:05 AM

NonGreek- Hazing is ILLEGAL. When an organization hazes, they get kicked off IMMEDIATELY. I don't know why you keep scaring someone who is interested in joining Greek Life. The sororities at Kent think of anyone interested in going greek as their friends. You don't beat up your friends, you treat them with respect. Comparing the sororities to the two fraternities that were kicked off is like comparing apples and oranges. They are not related to each other whatsoever. I have never been hazed, nor have I seen or heard of anyone in my organization being hazed.

By: The Dutchess
#3  by: The truth   

Bravo Duchess

By: The truth
#4  by: Greek   

Yes. They are that bad. I've met a few nice ones here and there, but it's not often.

By: Greek
#5  by: greekgeek   

Hazing is mostly in frats not in sororities. If they are in sororities, it will easily be public knowledge. As for APhi, I have a few friends in there but they are not a nice group. All blonde, all fake (minus the few friends). I would keep looking if I were you.

By: greekgeek
by: NonGreekAug 25, 2014 11:53:35 PM

Well, I cant wait for your next frat to be kicked off this semester. it'll be great 3 frats in 3 semesters!! Show the world what you "Greeks" really are.

By: NonGreek
by: wanting to go greekSep 4, 2014 2:12:08 PM

I've seen so many alpha phis on campus though that aren't blonde and they look like nice girls!

By: wanting to go greek
by: KSUJan 1, 2015 3:17:09 PM

I'm not blonde and I'm pretty real???

By: KSU
by: KSUJan 1, 2015 3:18:07 PM

I'm not blonde and I'm pretty real???

#6  by: Babyboo   

Each sorority you meet will have some good qualities and some bad qualities, but it really depends on who you are and what you want to get out of a Greek experience. In general, it's best to go through formal recruitment and meet all of them for yourself and decide where you think you'll fit best based on that. The more popular sororities, like APhi and AEPi, tend to place more emphasis on looks and popularity during formal recruitment, while less popular sororities, like Tri-Sigma or Chi O, prefer good grades and ability to participate in chapter events. It all depends on what you want out of the experience.

By: Babyboo
by: lolSep 10, 2014 9:49:35 AM

Get your facts straight. AEPi is a fraternity... hahahahah. you clearly don't know Greek Life.

By: lol
#7  by: KSU   

If you're going through Formal Recruitment at Kent State I would suggest not using this website as a reliable source. A lot of personal attacks on chapters and self ranking. All of the sororities have something different to offer and everyone who goes through recruitment finds their home for different reasons. Every chapter is amazing and filled with amazing girls that you will find yourself connecting to. Go in with an open mind, and don't believe everything you hear.

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.