facebook

theta

by: why

I don't understand why theta is considered top tier.. Yes, they have a beautiful house, but the majority of their girls are weirdos and lame as hell

Posted By: why
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: truth   

They fill a specialized niche in the top tier. Kappa used to be the wealthy, "exclusive" sorority, Pi Phi has the "hot girls", Alpha Phi and DG are the "partiers" and Theta plays as the role as the intelligent but popular girls.

By: truth
by: LolApr 21, 2015 1:01:16 PM

So are you saying Theta fills Kappa's spot as the "wealthy, exclusive sorority"? Another sorority can't just "fill" that spot with its current members. Kappa's members were actually like that. Theta has a rep of having good grades, but that by no means implies that Theta is wealthy or exclusive. They are neither. Girls who like to go to music festivals and smear paint all over their bodies while barely being able to hold a conversation could not be further from a country club's standards.

By: Lol
by: Re lolApr 21, 2015 3:36:28 PM

No one said that, you are just illiterate.

By: Re lol
by: HiApr 21, 2015 4:31:24 PM

Sassy!! Lol. I think 'truth' just used past tense for kappa since they are suspended tho. Because everyone knows theta fills the whole academic niche not kappa's old role.

By: Hi
by: truth re: lol Apr 21, 2015 5:18:28 PM

You clearly need to spend more time at study tables sweetheart. I NEVER said or implied that Theta is going to fill Kappa's part. I used the past tense because Kappa just got kicked off. Theta is not my favorite sorority but from my knowledge they also have quite a few wealthy girls in comparison to most sororities. My point was that they fill the niche of the pretty nerds, a role that no other top tier chapter fills.

By: truth re: lol
by: ResponseApr 23, 2015 1:05:04 PM

And your definition of wealthy is...? No one who is actually wealthy goes to OSU. The closest you'll get to wealth in an OSU sorority is Kappa. Theta does not have a few wealthy girls. They have none. If you qualify someone like Farah as wealthy, your portrayal of wealthy is off. Her family are Middle Eastern immigrants who are new to money and feel the need to show it.

Wealth is old, not showy, Christian, and Western European. That is seen in Kappa. Get it right.

By: Response
by: UmApr 23, 2015 2:26:36 PM

I'm not really sure why you are getting so heated about this. You don't know everyone in theta or any other sorority for that matter, including yours if you are even in a sorority (or used to be). Now go handle yourself with at least a little bit of class and don't name drop on this site.

By: Um
#2  by: truth   

Basically they aren't trying to compete with Pi Phi or Alpha Phi because Pi Phi will have more classically "hot girls" and Alpha Phi will always be more socially outgoing as a chapter. Instead they do what they do best and recruit mostly pretty girls with high gpas and involvement.

By: truth
#3  by: Literally   

Theta is not anything special. The only reason they get any attention is because of their house. Throw them in a normal looking house and they are middle tier at best. They are weird, cliquey girls.

By: Literally
#4  by: True   

Not a fan

By: True

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.