facebook

rushing

by: High Schooler

I'm coming to OSU next year and want to join a frat. Can freshman rush in the fall? Also what are the best social fraternities?

Posted By: High Schooler
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: frat   

Freshman can only rush in the spring, and to answer your other question...
There are 4 "Big" fraternities and they are (150 members and the perks of being one of the big 4)
1. Phi psi (far and away the "frat" at osu)
2. Tke (falling)
3. Kappa sig (rising)
4. Sig chi (rising)
And after that there are the middle 3 fratetnities (around 100 members and still are very big in and around campus)
5. Delt (rising)
6. Pike (rising)
7. SAE (falling a little)
Then after that you have the selection of really everyone else... Fiji, phi delt, club ep, ATO, and AEpi

By: frat
by: ummApr 20, 2015 8:58:44 PM

this isnt completely accurate

By: umm
by: WrongApr 20, 2015 9:35:58 PM

This is completely wrong freshmen can rush in the fall they just can't receive bids until the spring. I'd suggest reaching out to some chapters fall semester as you'll have more time to get to know the brothers over the course of the whole semester and then you can make your decision in the spring.

By: Wrong
by: EhhApr 20, 2015 9:40:15 PM

I'm pretty sure all the chapters listed above have around 115-130 members. There's not a difference in size of the phi psi chapter compared to say, SAE, when it comes to how many active brothers they have. Im pretty sure the only chapter on campus that has close to 150 members would be sig ep.

By: Ehh
by: truthApr 20, 2015 9:49:52 PM

1. Sig Chi > Kappa Sig on a social status basis
2. I would put Phi Delt over Pike anyway but that's up for debate I guess
3. How is SAE falling? lol

By: truth
by: sorority patrolApr 20, 2015 10:05:19 PM

a few key things....

i wouldnt say that phi psi is so far ahead of everyone else. they have a cool house sure but they by no means everyones favorite.

Tke does not deserve the second spot. their last two pledge classes have sucked.

kappa sig is rising for sure but their pc isnt anything spectacular

id say sig chi is sort of falling. not at the rate of tke they just need to consider diversifying.

i agree delt is making moves. theyre doing a lot better.

pike really just isnt anything special yet and i dont see them getting better anytime soon.

as for sae idk how you can even think theyre falling. easily the most improved over this past semester and theyre only moving up.

By: sorority patrol
by: LolApr 21, 2015 2:42:13 AM

Someone's salty... Probably didn't get a bid lol

By: Lol

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.