facebook

recruitment

by: junior

i am rushing and was wondering if any houses would take juniors?? i know i am rushing late. if so what houses??

Posted By: junior
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: osu   

You are going to have to keep a very open mind. Many sororities will cut you immediately. Sorry, but that is the hard truth. Concentrate on the ones that invite you back, and don't get upset if you have a smaller pool of sororities that are interested in you. Good luck!

By: osu
#2  by: Options   

If you're a junior, these houses might be an option for you:
Alpha Omicron Pi
Delta Zeta
Alpha Epsilon Phi
Alpha Chi Omega
Gamma Phi Beta
Alpha Xi Delta
... all depending on how well you do, of course.

By: Options
by: Jrs.Nov 20, 2014 11:09:28 AM

This is pretty accurate. Bottom tier will probably consider juniors but PI PHi, DG,Theta, Kappa, DDD, APhi, AGD, chiO and kd won't

By: Jrs.
by: RushNov 21, 2014 3:08:30 PM

I would take GPhiB and AXiD off that list. GPhiB has a very large junior class (half of their chapter are juniors based on their rush from March, about 70 girls) and AXiD did informal and had a pretty good pledge class with few upperclassmen last year.

By: Rush
#3  by: .   

I feel like that's unfair in a way... What about transfers who just came to OSU this year? They will just be dropped because of their age without given a chance by half of the chapters to show they could be a great fit?

By: .
by: hmm.Nov 21, 2014 3:09:24 PM

Would you really want to be a junior in a pledge class full of only freshman? Most junior transfers don't rush anyway, or are already affiliated with a sorority from their old university. You also wouldn't get as much out of it as younger girls because you would only be in it for 3 semesters versus the full 7.

By: hmm.
by: The MathNov 21, 2014 3:31:20 PM

Look, this isn't unique to Ohio State. You will find this at most schools. For every Freshman we take, we only need to recruit that opening once every 4 years and we get 4 years of dues from you. For Junior we take, we need to recruit that opening once every 2 years and we only get 2 years of dues from you. Taking a Freshman is much easier and profitable on everyone.

You do the math.

By: The Math
#4  by: Well   

I just don't understand because you girls want other girls who are like you and are a good fit for a particular sorority so it doesn't seem necessarily fair to just cut someone just because you can't get more money from them or they're a little older. What if they would be a great attribute and a great sister? Who cares how old someone is if they are willing to put themselves out there and make the most of the time they have left at a university? I wouldn't be any less appreciative being older than girls in my pledge class.. There are older girls who you could hang out with too. You all just shut people out to make money and don't think it could really benefit someone to have the opportunity to be apart of a sorority of their choice as well.

By: Well
#5  by: Keep an Open Mind   

There are a few chapters that will be interested in you if you are as good as as you say. It's just that you can't expect a top or mid-tier chapter to be all over you when there are so many great girls that are going through as freshmen.

Our chapter doesn't plan to take more than about 10 sophomores and even those girls need to be our top PNMs with very good grades.

By: Keep an Open Mind
by: whatNov 22, 2014 7:50:45 AM

which chapter are you in?

By: what
#6  by: Junior   

Question to the Junior who is rushing. What is your GPA and what involvement do you have on campus?

By: Junior
#7  by: my sorority   

isn't planning on taking juniors, if we do it would only be 1 or so. and i'm in one of the "bottom" houses, so i don't know if thats what you want to hear...

By: my sorority
#8  by: yeah   

im in a middle sorority and i dont know if we have ever taken a junior for formal. we basically treat freshman and sophomores the same, but the sophomores are mainly friends or siblings of members.
anyway, i wouldnt take anything said here as the final say. go through as if every house would be lucky to have you. if you try your hardest, you never know.

By: yeah
#9  by: Upper Classmen   

I'm in a mid tier chapter and we will not take any juniors. We have so many sophomores that we probably will minimize the number of sophomores we take too. Sophomores will need to be very involved and have high GPAs (3.5+); it helps to know girls in our house so they can pull for you when we discuss sophomores.

I encourage you to go through recruitment but keep your options open if you want to be in a sorority.

By: Upper Classmen
#10  by: My chapter   

I'm a member of a "bottom tier" and we have wont take any juniors and can only take up to 5 sophomores. The sophmores need to be top pnms for us. Aka, good gpa, involved, etc.

By: My chapter

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.