facebook

help

by: Help

I'm in a middle tier house and I freaking hate it. I love the majority of my sisters but I'm getting tired of all the rules and required events. I don't even wanna live in the house next year but I'm required to. I'm already initiated so if I drop I can't rush again, which sucks because I like the idea of being in a sorority. Should I stick with it or drop??

Posted By: Help
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: quack   

Honestly, it doesn't sound like your heart is in it. Only you know what is the best choice for you. The thing about FSL is that you get EXACTLY out of your organization what you put in to it. So if it doesn't feel like something that is worth your time then let it go, but if it does then step up to the plate and own the choices you made, to rush, to accept a bid, to initiate. It is NORMAL to have thoughts about dropping. Seriously. Especially spring of your first year as you gear up for recruitment on the other side and realize how freaking specific the outfits you need to buy are, all the door chants, the room decoration rules...it's a turn off for a lot of people. For a ton of girls those feelings go away after their first spirit week and the crazy bonding it forces you to do with your sisters, or when they get their little soon after, but you have to make an honest effort. The real world is full of rules and required events. Consider this job training that comes with great friends and theme parties. Good luck making the decision that is right for you.

By: quack
#2  by: sorority   

Stick with it! There will be parts you hate but overall you will be glad you stuck with it. Gives you so many great experiences you wont ever be able to get anywhere else

By: sorority

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.