facebook

this belongs here

by: duckie

"People seem to know very little about recruitment. Dg and aphi may recruit on looks, but most other houses don't. They recruit based on if they would get along with them in the house or not. And a lot of people may don't know this (unless you're actually behind the scenes in recruitment) but a good amount of dg and aphi new members were DROPPED by other houses because although they were pretty, they were not the kind of person the other houses want. People seem to be under the misconception that every house strives to be like dg and alpha phi; WE DON'T, or else we would have joined those houses." - a comment on another discussion post

Posted By: duckie
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Ok   

If you are happy with outcome of your rush, why do you feel need to bash other houses then?

By: Ok
by: YaJan 15, 2015 2:13:19 PM

They're not bashing other houses

By: Ya
by: YepJan 15, 2015 6:39:27 PM

'Good amount of aphi/dg's were dropped bc ....they were not the kind of person other houses want' ... is putting down those houses. Like I said, if you are happy with where you are at, there is no need to bash other houses. These comments coming from place of insecurity.

By: Yep
by: @yepJan 15, 2015 8:33:26 PM

You're not understanding what this person is saying...They aren't bashing DG/Aphi, they are literally stating a FACT that aphi/dg girls tends to be dropped by other houses because said houses aren't focused on looks, such as Gamma Phi, AXO, TriDelt, etc. You may be offended, but aphi/dg have recruited based on looks for a very long time and connecting with the PNM is low on their priorities. Bashing would be like "Dg/aphi are nasty girls who only accept the hottest of the hot, they are so rude and full of themselves"

By: @yep
by: DisagreeJan 16, 2015 6:01:04 PM

Just because I disagree with the comments doesn't mean I don't understand them. It's also insulting to imply that girls who get in only have looks going for them and having a connection is low priority. A lot of time and effort go into finding the right girls overall. Many pretty girls get dropped from aphi/dg too.

By: Disagree
by: @disagreeJan 17, 2015 12:23:47 AM

I know for an absolute fact that DG recruits for looks and money. When I went through recruitment, I had BOTH bumps ask me what my parents did for a living. So yeah alot of pretty girls get dropped because they aren't rich. ALSO how is the truth insulting? Aphi literally recruits for looks, you can't say they don't do that when 95% of their house is skinny and attractive. That's not insulting at all...that's it LITERALLY what they do. Trust me, I have friends in APHI who aren't so confidential about their recruitment and drop process.

By: @disagree
#2  by: Well..   

rumor has it aphi are no.1 rushed house at UO, so they must be doing something right

By: Well..

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.