facebook

opinions on justin shukas

by: Fsladvisor

What do people think about our FSL advisor justin shuckas? My experience with him has been extremely unpleasant and he seems to always be out of town...I get you have to go to different conferences and meetings but you also have a duty to be there for our Greek community. What changes have happened since he was hired? We're basically doing all the same things as we did before we got a new advisor.
I know is that he is openly biased against certain houses and doesn't necessarily have a positive outlook about our Greek system here nor has he implemented any changes that would benefit us. Where you at, justin? You're supposed to be helping us...

Posted By: Fsladvisor
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Yeah   

Yeah the guy sucks. Extremely against any sort of partying. Basically a Geed with letters who's trying to take down all of the top houses that party.

By: Yeah
#2  by: random   

I'm graduating this year from IU and coming to Oregon for grad school and wanted to see how my house is there when I saw this post. I know Shukas from his time here at IU and he was complete knob then too. He was in DU, a house that nobody liked and everyone made fun of. It sounds like now that he is in a position of power he is just enjoying not being the lawman on the totem pole instead of actually doing his job. Sucks that you guys have to count on him for anything.

By: random
#3  by: quack   

Any IFC\PHC exec member or chapter officer that has worked closely with Justin can tell you that he has done nothing but bend over backward since he got here to improve this community. Just about any other advisor, including our last one, would have gone ballistic over the events that led to the lockdown in the fall but he advocated for us to the administration. It's because of him that we can start having honest conversations about risk management and not keep pretending that no one ever drinks in their houses or pregames their functions. I won't disagree that he might play favorites, but NO ONE could worse about that than Annie was. Once the University accepts how big our community has become and hires other full time people to work with him I think that we'll see a big improvement in what gets done.

By: quack
by: HeSucksFeb 16, 2014 8:20:47 PM

That's absolutely not true. I know many members (including myself) of PHC or chapter officers that work directly with Justin who cannot stand him. Bend over backward?! That has to be a joke. Justin DID go crazy over the bid night "issue"...which wasn't even an issue and was blown completely out of proportion! Justin already hated Phi Psi, so the Chi Omegas getting too drunk was the perfect excuse for him to hate them even more and throw them under the bus. Phi Psi is STILL dealing with Justin.

By: HeSucks
#4  by: heSucks   

Whoever is above me has it right. As a previous two year Judicial Board member who experienced one year without an advisor and one year with Justin, I can't even begin to explain how horrible of a leader he is. Not only does his Twitter completely bash college kids and Greek Life, on days we had J-Board hearings, he would tweet things like "Justice will be served today." Totally inappropriate things for an advisor to blast over the internet (it was also very easy to see which houses he favored by doing this). Justin would openly discuss upcoming judicial hearings with board members, which is completely against the contract everyone had to sign, and would ask us to get dirt about illegal functions or parties. This dude is a complete joke. Every Greek Life member should blast him online and try to get him fired. He is only making everything worse.

By: heSucks
#5  by: lets get rid of him   

www.ipetitions.com/petition/petition-to-fire-justin-shukas-a s-greek-life

By: lets get rid of him
#6  by: fixed link!!   

By: fixed link!!
#7  by: fixed link!!   

By: fixed link!!
by: hahaOct 21, 2014 6:20:33 PM

I love this. Anyone who cares about the future of Greek Life at Oregon will sign this. I'm not saying we should abolish rules all together but Justin refuses understand the actual needs of our community.

By: haha
by: .Oct 21, 2014 7:59:17 PM

Really KSig? Is it actually easier to maintain the delusion that some online petition will make a difference then to fall in line? Paul Shang probably isn't going to be concerned with the complaints of a chapter that hasn't been able to pull an average above a 3.0 in two years. The administration holds on the power on this one and at the end of the day they're probably thrilled to know new sanctions are getting a rise out of people. If you want things to get done then start thinking about IFC \ PHC exec elections. They more anyone else have a chance to make a difference in this situation.

By: .
#8  by: Jimmy the GrΣΣk   

he needs to go elsewhere

By: Jimmy the GrΣΣk

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.