facebook

gpa

by: Pnm

I'm rushing in the fall. Will sororities be able to see my gpa from high school? I only have a 2.8. Will that affect my recruitment?

Posted By: Pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: sororitysista   

You fill out a sheet for formal recruitment that asks for that and if I remember correctly, putting your GPA was optional (although every little bit helps)! You'll be a freshman in college and chapters do look at grades and it may be a determining factor in some cases. Just show a willingness to work hard in school and things should pan over. College is a fresh start

By: sororitysista
by: OpApr 3, 2015 9:39:26 AM

If I lie to bring it up a little will no one know the difference?

By: Op
#2  by: sororitysista   

You don't want to lie, because sororities know everything and it looks bad to have lied about it. They won't ask you when you're talking straight up, but its actually optional to put it down so if you really don't feel comfortable putting it down, just don't write anything!

By: sororitysista
by: AgreeApr 16, 2015 10:36:29 PM

^^^
Never never lie or fudge. You will be found out eventually.
Be enthusiastic and willing to do your best.

By: Agree
#3  by: Greek   

Some sororities have a minimum GPA requirement so you may not get invited back after the first round because of grades but you should still go through recruitment because all the sororities are different!

By: Greek
#4  by: .   

I had a 2.8 and ended up getting asked back to almost everywhere and got a bid from a top sorority so you're fine

By: .
#5  by: gh   

Never lie, especially since a number of sororities on campus do count honesty as one of their key pillars of sisterhood. If you do not feel comfortable, then don't put it down, but if you have a story as to why your GPA is so low, especially if it demonstrates a willingness to overcome, share it at houses where you are invited back. It shows a depth of character that sororities love.

By: gh
#6  by: .   

They're not going to ask you about your GPA. That would be so awkward. They will have access to your GPA without asking you for it. On the application, do not lie. You can be pulled out of recruitment for that.

By: .
#7  by: greek   

i never gave my gpa when rushing. its nots mandatory. plus my grades sucked and all the houses i liked called me back

By: greek

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.