facebook

is rushing as a senior looked down upon?

by: lalacava

I rushed my freshman year and got a bid from Alpha Omicron Pi, but had to turn it down because of my financial situation. And then my sophomore year I was gone for most of the year due to study abroad. Now as a junior I regret not joining because I see all my friends who are in sororities and they seem to really love it. I want to rush again, I would like to be Greek, I just don't know if it is a possibility.

I am just seeking some advice if partaking in the formal recruitment process would be a good idea.

Posted By: lalacava
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: hey   

While many chapters prefer to take freshmen members, that does not mean that you will automatically be turned away from every house. If it is something that you would really like to do, you should go for it! You'll never know unless you try.

By: hey
#2  by: Very few   

Very few chapters will take seniors unless they don't make quota. Why would you pledge a girl where you will only get 2 semesters of dues when you could get 8 semesters from a freshman.

By: Very few
by: There's hopeApr 30, 2014 12:27:26 AM

They may find qualities in a senior that they are looking for in a sister. While freshman are preferred, some chapter would like to add quality women to their sisterhood regardless of their age.

By: There's hope

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.