facebook

whaaa

by: Lol

Someone reported and got the post deleted about OSU and Miami. Are OU kids really that insecure? Sorry you can't measure up. And you're lying to yourself if you look around campus and don't think that 80% of the kids there went because they didn't get into OSU and miami. It's a fact.

Posted By: Lol
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: You're a troll pt. 1   

1) Why do you care?
2) Why are you trolling the OU Greek Rank page so hard?
3) Where are you getting your statistics from?

I'm gonna go ahead and break down average ACT scores, the acceptance rate, and the number of applicants between all three institutions for you. This information was obtained from collegeboard.org
OU: ACT 22-26, acceptance rate 73%, somewhat selective category, 20,765 applicants
MU: ACT 25 - 30, acceptance rate 67% somewhat selective category, 22, 520 applicants
OSU: ACT 27-31, acceptance rate 56% somewhat selective category 31,359 applicants

So OU only accepts 6% more of applicants than Miami. Now, one could argue that students at Miami only go there because they can't get into OSU, because as anyone can see OSU has higher average ACT scores and is more selective.

One thing to consider is that MU receives about 2,000 more applications a year than OU, and OSU receives almost 10,000 more applications a year. I think anyone with half of a brain could figure out that a school receiving more applications will have a lower acceptance rate because they can not take everyone that applies. OU and MU admitted roughly the same number of students, and OSU admitted about 17,000.

After examining these statistics, one can see that Miami and Ohio State are more selective schools, and can assume that there are students on OU's campus that did not get into either of the other two schools. However, it can also be assumed that there are students walking around

By: You're a troll pt. 1
by: pt. 2Apr 4, 2014 1:24:02 PM

Oxford, Ohio that were not accepted by OSU. While I have no way of determining what percentage of students at OU were not accepted by Miami and/or Ohio State, I think it is safe to assume that it is far less than 80%.

I am a very proud member of greek life at Ohio University and I admit that it is very different than greek life at Miami. However, just because Miami is preppier and has a larger greek system doesn't mean that the greek life is better there. One would have to compare number of community service hours performed and amount of funds raised, among many other things to determine which has a better greek life. Beta at OU raised over $15,000 for their philanthropy just last week. Also, fraternities and sororities get kicked off campus at Miami more frequently than they do at OU. (maybe you're proud of that)

I am not going to bother talking about OSU's greek life, because I don't think it's much different that OU's besides being larger.

I think I have provided you with enough information for today, hopefully it has enlightened you and help un-lodge the stick that is up your ass.

Goodbye, I need to go maintain my GPA that has kept on the Dean's List the last 2 and half years!

P.S. I was accepted by OSU but wanted to go to a smaller school. I didn't bother to apply to Miami because it wasn't for me.

By: pt. 2
by: whaatAug 23, 2014 3:05:42 AM

People do not go to Miami because they "can't get into OSU." That is NOT true.

By: whaat
#2  by: Go Bucks   

Why did you choose to go to school in Athens, Ohio? Yours Truly, Curious Buckeye

By: Go Bucks
#3  by: True Fact   

College towns help cultivate thought.

By: True Fact
by: TruthAug 23, 2014 6:56:41 PM

OSU helps cultivate jobs.

By: Truth
#4  by: to "what"   

OSU is more selective that OU and MU, that's a fact. I would bet money that there are people at Miami that only went there just because they didn't get to OSU, just like at OU. Get off your high horse, and off our Greek Rank.

By: to "what"

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.