facebook

hazing

by: Q

I'm wondering if sig ep would be a top frat if they hazed like the rest of the frats...any opinions?

Posted By: Q
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: No   

Because they automatically bid and initiate anyone that rushes, so they get a lot of weird guys that don't represent them well. Their focus is clearly quantity over quality and that's not how you build a strong ("top") brotherhood.

By: No
by: Sorority GirlJan 19, 2015 11:13:25 AM

I beg to differ. Not everyone that rushes gets a bid. If you look at the overall fraternity reports at NCSU, you will see that SigEp ranks near the top academically. Overall, they are a cool group of guys.

By: Sorority Girl
by: IFCMar 28, 2015 2:12:59 PM

Word of Advice......DO NOT MENTION OR POST ANYTHING ABOUT HAZING ON THIS SITE!!! YOU DO NOT KNOW WHO (Admin, Greek Leaders, etc) MAYBE LOOKING AT THE POSTINGS. WE DO NOT NEED AN INVESTIGATIONS/ ASSESSMENTS BEING CONDUCTED ON THE ENTIRE GREEK COMMUNITY.

By: IFC
by: WrongMay 9, 2015 7:31:03 PM

The boys that join are not automatically "initiated." They go through a small ritual at the beginning but they are not a TRUE brother for a while.

By: Wrong
#2  by: Maybe   

Their ok.......in reality hazing would not really change them all that much.

It would just help their rep on campus.

And in general its not hard or easy to get into SigEp.....its just like everywhere else.

They take some guys they like....and don't take others.

By: Maybe
#3  by: take it from a girl   

Hazing is so immature and lame.

By: take it from a girl
by: BearMar 27, 2015 10:18:47 PM

Hazing others is really a sickness....think about it.....anyone that does it, has a sick sense of humor. Building strong bonds is not about pushing people to the brink of breaking, it is about supporting them in a way that helps them succeed as a human being. Isn't that what brotherhood and sisterhood is about?

By: Bear
#4  by: NCSU   

No fraternity hazes their pledges. I don't know what you're talking about. 😉

By: NCSU
#5  by: Anon   

Hazing is supposed to build "brotherhood", which it does seem to do, but so many fraternities are getting in trouble for it that you don't see much hazing anyway. I doubt it would change sig ep much.

By: Anon
#6  by: Actual Greek   

They bid people mainly based on their GPA and their involvement with the school and less on if they're actually cool guys or not, that's why they're "competitive" when it comes to bidding. If they hazed maybe some of the weirder kids would drop, but overall they wouldn't really change that much

By: Actual Greek

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.