facebook

dues and chances

by: curioustransfer

how much are semester-ly dues for sororities?? An estimate would be fine

as a transfer who will be a junior, what are my chances getting into a top tier sisterhood?

Posted By: curioustransfer
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: No   

A junior transfer will not get into a top tier sorority, don't bother.

By: No
#2  by: transfer   

what specific sororities will take me then?

By: transfer
#3  by: panhel love   

AST, Pi Phi, and KKG took juniors last year, so I'd say you can get into a sorority with strong sisterhood.
ZTA has a rule about stacking meaning their nationals won't let them take juniors unless they are a legacy. I have no clue about DPhiE and AEPhi.
APhiZ has been kicked off campus and the other local doesn't ever do fall recruitment.

By: panhel love
by: pnmJun 1, 2015 12:54:05 AM

Thanks for the replies. And any info on the semester-ly dues/ how much it costs to be in a sorority?

By: pnm
#4  by: nyus   

the dues vary, generally new member dues (your first semester) are higher than your regular dues. depending on the sorority you get, dues can range from $200-800

By: nyus
by: pnmJun 8, 2015 4:36:56 PM

thank you, i'm thinking about rushing but not sure if i can really afford, i have friends who are in ones and ik it's like really expensive.

By: pnm
by: anotherpnmJun 9, 2015 8:26:02 PM

is that range just like a universal range for all sororities in the country or specific to nyu?

By: anotherpnm
#5  by: lkm   

^ the range is specific to nyu but I assume it's similar at other schools

By: lkm
by: kacJun 20, 2015 2:19:08 PM

is it 200-800 a month or semester?

By: kac
by: lkmJun 22, 2015 8:41:32 AM

^it's by semester- don't let the dues stop you from coming out to recruitment though! A lot of the sororities have scholarships and payment plans :)

By: lkm

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.