facebook

this is an amazing greek system - let's expand

by: Greek System NYU

We really have a good thing going with our Greek System at NYU. Most of us feel like it is bursting at the seams and ready to expand to get even bigger and better. For fraternities I think we should add : Theta Xi and Sigma Nu
For sororities I think we should add: Alpha Omicron Pi (AOPi), Delta Zeta (DZ), and Chi Omega (Chi-O). Any thoughts?

Also, we need to support each other on this website. The website is not going away, so let's be nice.

Posted By: Greek System NYU
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 3
#1  by: Agree   

I agree about supporting each other and expanding. Would love to have AOPi ( started at Columbia and deep history in New York). Would also like to have Delta Zeta , Kappa Alpha Theta and maybe Gamma Phi Beta. But AOPi and DZ for sure.

The fraternities would be good to add Theta Xi.

By: Agree
#2  by: Theta Xi and Theta   

Bring on Kappa Alpha Theta for sorority
Theta Xi for fraternities.

By: Theta Xi and Theta
#3  by: Cool    

Let's expand!!!

By: Cool
#4  by: yeah no   

For those of you who are not aware there was an expansion committee formed through panhel, and the motion to expand did not pass for various reasons. Expansion isn't something you do so thoughtlessly just because you think it's a fun idea. Instead why not focus on strengthening the current chapters and support among greek life that exists now. As this site shows nyu Greeks have the bad habit of bashing each other before supporting one another. I think that should change before bringing on additional chapters.

By: yeah no
by: Both at onceDec 23, 2013 12:39:07 AM

We can do both at once.

By: Both at once
by: AmenJan 29, 2014 11:04:18 PM

Preach, sister. Another sorority probably wouldn't hurt simply because there are a lot of girls and plenty of chapters near max, and it would be nice for the ones who didn't get any bids to have somewhere to go.

But there are already too many fraternities, especially now that the 3 from Poly are merging with the IGC of main campus. Iota Nu Alpha has like 9 members. Skulls are like 15. Pike and others are better established and much larger, but there are still plenty of smaller fraternities that need to grow. Adding more to the mix wouldn't benefit NYU Greeks overall, in my eyes.

By: Amen
#5  by: Expand   

We have a great thing. Let's spread the LOVE.

By: Expand
#6  by: Change   

I agree that we should support each other. It really is only a few people engaging is silly bashing. We don't even know if they are real Greeks. Overall, the Greek System at NYU is strong, and some chapters are getting to big.
Certain people are going resist change. I do feel that we need to expand. I feel that new chapters will help us gain a fresh perspective and keep things moving. All the sororities at NYU are amazing- just too big for the sisterhoods to be the best. Change is good.

By: Change
#7  by: Grow   

Growth and change are good.

By: Grow
#8  by: Too big   

Several sororities are just way too big for the sisterhood that some people need. At least one more sorority would really help to get the numbers a little smaller, so we can have a different vibe.

By: Too big
#9  by: m   

Expansion didn't pass because AST, APhiZ, and TPhiB didn't take up to the max number of girls. We need to help those chapters grow before adding new ones. TPhiB may be looking to be absorbed though, so perhaps they could turn into a new chapter.

By: m
by: okayDec 23, 2013 11:08:29 AM

It is okay to have some smaller sororities. I don't know why we have to wait for them to grow. Maybe they are happy as a smaller sorority. I really feel that now is the time to expand.

By: okay
by: noDec 23, 2013 1:19:34 PM

Expansion didn't pass because national reps were not for expansion. Talk to your expansion committee representatives if you want to know more.

By: no
by: ASTDec 27, 2013 3:52:14 PM

AST did hit quota this semester fyi

By: AST
#10  by: m   

But agreed, I feel that pledge classes are too large for the other sororities right now

By: m

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.