facebook

rush

by: want to know

I am coming to CSU in the fall... I was told about this website and am considering rushing. I want to know the actual traits of the sororities? I do not care that much about top and bottom house but what are the traits of each house or are they all similar?

Posted By: want to know
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: RhoGamma   

So last year I was a recruitment guide and honestly the most eye-opening thing for me was just how similar every sorority is. Every sorority values academics, every sorority values social success, and leadership and sisterhood and philanthropy. The differences simply come in which order each chapter values these and other things. My best advice for you is to just go through recruitment with an open mind and honestly just stay off this stupid site. The rankings on here for every house are just ridiculous. I think an important part of being in a sorority is letting that organization and those women help empower you to be a better person and feel good about yourself and trying to compare and rank them on here, tearing down other women in our already very small greek community, is just absurd. So don't let these things change your mind about where you feel you're supposed to be and how you walk in to those houses and get to know those girls because honestly there are amazing women in every single sorority and there are wonderful traits to each and every one so you just have to go in with an open mind and try to find the chapter where you will be the most happy and feel the best about yourself. I really hope you decided go to go through recruitment and give it a chance! Good luck!!

By: RhoGamma
#2  by: livvyy   

I would agree with what she said. go into it with an open mind. Im in a sorority at CSU and I can honestly say that the most important part about being in a sorority is not what other people think about it, but how you feel when you're with them. its about who you actually want to be friends with. a really good piece of advice that my Rho Gamma (recruitment/rush guide) gave me was to pick the sorority that you imagine yourself waking up in the morning, coming downstairs with your hair a mess and in your PJs and feeling totally comfortable around the women who are there. its all about surrounding yourself with those who you love and care about! best of luck!

By: livvyy

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.