facebook

sophomore rushing

by: Help

If next year I intend to rush as a sophomore, which sororities are my best bet of getting into? Will knowing girls help me get in, or will it all come down to numbers? Or will my gpa be a determining factor? Please help me out!

Posted By: Help
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Truth   

Its 90% looks 9% who you know and 1% GPA

By: Truth
by: .Feb 22, 2015 11:39:51 PM

Except not? I mean I'm not gonna lie looks are kind of a big part but nobody's gonna take you if you're rude or boring or uninterested even if you're the hottest girl in the world (cue the "except XYZ sorority because they all suck!" answers). Also you'll get cut from sororities if your GPA is below their requirement, plain and simple. And knowing people in the sorority definitely helps but there's no way you're gonna know everyone and it's an all-chapter voting process. There's a new upperclassman quota where sororities have to take a certain amount of sophomores or older so that will help you. Just be genuine and talkative and make sure you look your best when you go into round.

By: .
by: TruthFeb 23, 2015 8:45:03 AM

Ok it depends where you want to rush. Being nice could get you a bid to AOII or a bottom 3 but if you want to get a top tier you have to look like a top tier. Look around you. There is a reason sorority sisters generally look the same. Its because they recruit mainly people that look and act like them. Just find a place where you fit in and they like you. GPA is really only a disqualifier and not much of a bonus except for probably ChiO.

By: Truth
#2  by: mmmm   

there is a new rule about chapters taking quotas of upperclassmen but some of the chapters this year didn't even take the required amount, so it's not going to really help you out that you're a sophomore

By: mmmm
by: ...Mar 1, 2015 12:39:21 PM

The rule is optional and chapters can opt out, so that's probably why. But if this rule sticks around (while I'm sure it will), it will help a bit.

By: ...

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.