facebook

rush

by: Soph

Rushing as a sophomore due to family issues, I had to drop last year.. Some recent family issues have just happened, but I'd still like to rush. The family issues have affected my gpa but I'm still eligible what should I do? Am I able to let sororities know what happened?

Posted By: Soph
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: ah   

before rush starts, when you meet with your GLG, they will ask if anybody would like to write a note explaining their grades. Fill that out.
One thing to keep in mind, is that you might experience big cuts after open house. Lots of sororities make grade cuts before first round, and lots of the time it's by default, unless a girl really liked you and really connected with you.

it may help you to look up all of the sororities national required GPAs, and the chapter required GPAs. A sorority can NOT give a girl a bid under the national GPA without permission from nationals. They CAN give bids to girls under their chapter minimum, but they may choose not to.

By: ah
#2  by: Thanks   

Thank you so much! It's not really low, it'll still be over a 3.2. But I completely understand, I will do some research!

By: Thanks
#3  by: a 3.2   

a 3.2....that's not bad at all!!! thats actually awesome and that'll really be to your benefit

By: a 3.2
by: Thanks Dec 7, 2014 8:11:14 PM

Thank you! I'm just so nervous already lol

By: Thanks
by: Uh ohDec 18, 2014 5:30:13 AM

I may not even rush now, my gpa isn't as high anymore and I'm worried I won't have a successful rush.. :/ will I automatically be dropped even if I have a note explaining the circumstances? I'm worried now..

By: Uh oh
by: calm downDec 19, 2014 3:50:03 PM

if your gpa is above a 3.0, it won't be an issue. if it's below, you can still get a bid, just fill out the grade risk form.

By: calm down

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.