facebook

relevant

by: pp

Okay so this is for people who are rushing-- both boys and girls.
Just an FYI, the whole "relevant" thing is pretty much BS. It implies that all of the other sororities/fraternities don't do anything, and are totally something to be embarrassed of. They're not. For the most part, unless you are in one of the orgs that is considered the "lowest of the lower tier", your experience will be very similar to those in "higher" tiers. You will go to socials, you will meet people, you will make friends. The orgs considered "lowest of the lower tier" have more trouble, because they are still trying to establish themselves on campus and tend to have significantly fewer social events (making them a good option for people who aren't into that). But for the most part, the people in those orgs don't care. They were looking for something different from the typical miami org, and they found it.

I am in a middle tier sorority. We have socials every week, we get invited to parties, and nobody has ever been rude to me about my affiliation. Yeah, we may not hang out with guy who are as "cool" as the upper tier sororities might on a regular basis. My best guy friend from childhood is in a fraternity that is considered "top tier", so i still get invited to their stuff. It's the same. The people might be slightly better looking, but it's all the same. I have had just as much fun at a "lower tier" fraternity date party as i did at a "top tier" fraternity date party. You will have fun either way.

Posted By: pp
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Yes   

This is so spot on, the only thing she failed to mention is that during Rush if you take this knowledge to heart and join based on who you get along with you will be HAPPIER. Because if you join an org for the title and hate the people you will be sad and it will suck.

By: Yes
by: yepNov 19, 2014 11:54:21 PM

Joined a top 3 sorority for the name. I hate it. I can confirm

By: yep
#2  by: .   

This is so true. During recruitment I had a good mix of upper and lower tier sororities and by the time philanthropy round came along I thought I was in love with one particular "upper tier" one. That was until I asked them what they did for their philanthropy (because that's what I'm passionate about) and none of the girls I talked to knew. I ended up choosing a middle tier over them and am really, really happy with my choice. Don't call sororities (or fraternities) irrelevant because they don't have as many "Miami 10s" in them. They all have perks and downsides. It's all about finding where you fit.

By: .
by: andNov 21, 2014 3:28:22 PM

Exactly accurate. Second round I had a few of the "airhead" upper tiers, the "irrelevant" middle tiers, and the "weird" bottom tiers. None of those stupid labels apply to every girl in the chapter and at the end of the day I met at least one girl I liked in every sorority. You can prowl this website until your eyes fall off looking for sterotypes and rankings but when rush comes along (IN 3 MONTHS) you will have a much easier time if you just, ya know, meet people...

By: and

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.