does being in the honors program look good for rush

Posted By: b
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: sorority   

It literally makes no difference whatsoever

By: sorority
#2  by: .   

It doesn't hurt. I mean for me it gave me something to talk about during rounds since sometimes you run out of conversation topics. I also happened to talk to one of my HON 181 TAs. But as far as grades and scholarship goes, sororities don't care that much. They prefer looking at GPAs.

By: .
#3  by: nope   

the program you're in doesn't really matter (I mean like the person above me said, it might give you something to talk about), but we only really look at GPAs as far as academic stuff is concerned.

By: nope
#4  by: geesh   

How many times does it need to be said? If you are hot, you go to a top tier. If you are middle looking you go to a middle tier. If you are lower than average looking you go to a lower tier. Stop asking questions about grades, honors ext. You KNOW the answer!

By: geesh
by: ...Oct 24, 2014 8:02:07 PM

^And whoever posted this, is not someone that you want to be in a sorority with. Maybe your sorority thinks that way, but mine does not. We don't accept anyone below a certain GPA.

By: ...
by: oh okayOct 26, 2014 3:45:05 PM

Lol @ your perceptions of Greek life. Actually, I'd bet you're a shallow guy who's never had a conversation with a sorority girl beyond asking her what she wants to drink at New Bar (before she promptly walked away with her free drink).

Please go away with your petty generalizations. Yeah looks have an impact on rush. Fu#king duh. But if you knew the entire process you wouldn't say this.

Original question-asker: I'm in honors and I'm one of maybe like 4 or 5 girls in my chapter who are. It didn't make a difference for me besides the fact that I already knew a couple girls who ended up pledging with me because we all lived in the honors dorms. So just be nice to everyone, keep your head up, and be yourself. No need to lead with the honors thing but no need to hide it.

By: oh okay

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.