facebook

sororities

by: ?

how competitive are sororities at Miami

Posted By: ?
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: ok   

competitive but not as much as SEC schools. not everyone gets a bid. you only get one if you make it to pref i believe. Also DO NOT suicide

By: ok
by: .Oct 22, 2014 10:24:17 PM

What does it mean to suicide in rush?

By: .
by: qOct 26, 2014 3:49:36 PM

suicide=to put only one sorority (and not list a second-choice or third-choice sorority) down on your preference card. unless this sorority wants you, you won't be able to pledge anywhere. this is a big risk to take, and it is usually not recommended by your greek life guide or rho gamma. don't suicide unless you know for sure that you would absolutely not pledge anywhere but your first choice.

some people say that if you suicide, you go to the bottom of the sorority of your choice's list. I don't know if that's true but I do know quite a few girls who chose to only put 1 sorority on their preference card on the last night (because they refused to join the other ones they had gone to pref round with) and they did NOT get bids. so do what you want with that info.

By: q
#2  by: Honestly    

Extremely competitive, Miami and IU have the worst rushes in the north but most girls will find their home whether it's top tier or not. It's a lot harder to get a bid at the most competitive sororities opposed to if you went to another school

By: Honestly
#3  by: Very   

Very competitive. Getting into a mid-tier sorority here is by far the equivalent to getting into a top tier sorority at a school where Greek life is not cutthroat, and that's putting it lightly.

By: Very
#4  by: If   

If you make it through sorority rush at Miami, you likely are socially impressive and socially on the top to anyone, inside and outside of Miami.

By: If
by: ^ as ifOct 19, 2014 11:23:53 AM

OMG. WTF? "socially on the top to anyone" WTF? That is ridiculous. Clearly you are social inept. Miami rush isn't that big of a deal. You go through rush, you find a house that fits you, and you go about your life.

By: ^ as if
#5  by: .   

honestly, it isn't as competitive as they are making it sound. Go out for Rush, and if you are authentic, you will probably find the group that is right for you.

By: .
#6  by: Guest   

No it's definitely very competitive. Girls who are middle tier here like in DZ, zeta, kappa, and KD could easily be top tier at UC and OU and schools that have average Greek systems like those

By: Guest
by: :Oct 18, 2014 9:34:21 PM

First of all it isn't that big of a deal.A lot of girls in DG a "top tier" according to some people, are beat don't light a candle to the hot girls at OU. This school has a lot of Greek people , but ehe competitiveness is similar to anywhere else.

By: :
by: To :Oct 18, 2014 10:26:34 PM

Literally stop. First of all, any Miami girl is better than an OU girl (I can't believe I even had to write those two in the same sentence. Ew.) Second of all, DG - is a TOP TIER here at Miami, aka no DGs would ever be seen at OU - EVER. Third of all, the competitiveness at Miami is not similar to anywhere else, except the South. Miami is cutthroat, everyone has money, and everyone knows they can get and have whatever they want. If they don't like you or what you do or what you wear, they will be exclude you. Now get off of our page.

By: To :
by: >Oct 19, 2014 12:13:48 AM

this is sad. if DG is a top tier house here, we are making OU look pretty good. This is a public STATE school.We don't go to Uof I.Deal with. Relax and have a good time.I will party with DG anyway even if they are beat.

By: >
by: ummmOct 19, 2014 11:25:25 AM

To the person who wrote "No DGs would ever be seen at OU",
That is because they didn't get in honey.

By: ummm
#7  by: ummm   

To the person above who said everyone here has money,
I go here. I'm in a top house. And I don't have a lot of money.
Why would people having money make this a better school?
I actually got into Northwestern, but had to come here because of money.

By: ummm
#8  by: Stfu   

i go to an sec school and in a sorority & you guys all sound stupid

By: Stfu

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.