facebook

the truth about tiers

by: Sorority Girl

I'm going to be quite honest- As a sorority member of a middle tier organization, here's the truth about middle and top tier. The "top 6" (Theta, DG, Pi Phi, Dz, APhi, and AXO) are referred as top because they have the highest ratio of "hot" girls (in quotes because it's very subjective person to person). All have different types of hot girls, and different types of girls that were popular in high school (let's use the stereotype of cool soccer girls versus cool cheerleaders). In my opinion, the top tier six sororities are all interchangeable; it just depends on what you classify as hot or worthy of being number one. Same goes for the middle tier six- Zeta, Kappa, KD, GPhi, Phi Mu, and ADPi. They are stereotypically your cute fun girls. All of them have a mix of hot and not hot, academic and party girls. All the middle tier sororities are interchangeable based on personality preference and your opinion of looks.

End summary: The top tier and the middle tier are real, but the sororities in them are all on the same level in my mind. It just depends on personal preference. Don't get hung up on who is first and who is third. If you love a sorority, join it.

Posted By: Sorority Girl
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Sorority Girl   

Also worth it to note that miami girls are considered more attractive than girls at most colleges, so even sororities that aren't considered "hot" here probably still have very good looking girls and hang out with good frats that have attractive guys in them.

By: Sorority Girl
#2  by: yeah   

This is a nice post and I like it and agree

By: yeah
#3  by: Truth   

People will never stop arguing over who is in what place because we all have different viewpoints and opinions. This is so accurate and more people need to accept this.

By: Truth
#4  by: Accurate   

Yup, everything inside the tiers is personal opinion

By: Accurate
#5  by: Rush   

What about sophomores who would like to rush?? I don't have any favorites so I'm going in with a clear mind and would like to know if I have a chance of receiving a bid from any middle/top tiers? I actually don't care about tiers but I do like specific things about some of the sororities you mentioned

By: Rush
by: ^Oct 16, 2014 3:29:41 PM

You can get into any sorority if you have a good personality and decent grades. Knowing girls definitely helps though, and middle tier sororities are more likely to take sophomores than top tier.

By: ^
by: sophomoresOct 20, 2014 9:17:08 PM

The comment about sophomores more easily getting in to middle tiers as compared to top tiers is 100% NOT true. I am in a middle tier sorority and we were told in no uncertain terms that we could have 1 and only 1 sophomore in our new pledge class. I know Pi Phi, DG, and Alpha Phi took sophomores and some of them took 2 sophomores. It just depends what your nationals'/ chapter quotas are.

By: sophomores
by: sophomoresOct 21, 2014 3:35:01 PM

Yeah, the above poster is correct---- almost all of us have quotas from nationals. My sorority is allowed to take two girls, but we almost always only take one. I have friends in "middle tier" sororities that take one or two girls as well. The only time a house will take more than a few sophomores is if they are having trouble recruiting and nationals will allow them to.

#6  by: sophomores   

^ also just realized i have the same username as the person I was agreeing with, that's really awkward.. but we're different people.

#7  by: Advice   

Go middle tier- All the perks of Greek life without the drama and image pressure

By: Advice
by: AgreedOct 24, 2014 10:32:43 AM

It's not a coincidence that in all good frats you'll find at least a couple guys with middle tier girlfriends. Not slam pieces, girlfriends.

By: Agreed
by: ChillOct 26, 2014 11:34:43 PM

Gonna be honest, this is a mid tier girl trying to make themselves feel better for being mid tier ^ haha. It's great to love your sorority but that comment doesn't even make sense. In EVERY fraternity, guys have girlfriends from the top, middle and bottom tiers. There are gf material in every tier. If you classify the 1,200 girls that are in the 6 top tier sororities as all "slampieces" you're ignorant. Especially since the girls in theta and alpha phi and some DGs and AXOs are considered nice good girls.

By: Chill

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.