facebook

getting bids from fraternities

by: Frosh

I'm going to be a freshman and am definitely rushing a fraternity in the spring. I know these ratings are kind of stupid, but I want to make sure I get into the best fraternity for brotherhood, connections, and parties (in that order) that I can. How do top fraternities such as KA, Phi Psi, Sig Pi, and Theta Chi choose who to give their bids to? What do they look for and how hard is it to get in? I have already read past responses to similar questions but it would be nice to get some fresh opinions.

Posted By: Frosh
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: easy   

KA and Phi Psi are harder to get bids from, Sig Pi gives out more bids but drop a few kids during pledging, Theta Chi also gives out a lot

By: easy
#2  by: .   

If you have to ask, then you probably don't deserve a bid from any of them. Most fraternities can see kids like you a mile away... The tryhard, brown nosing type that spits out everything he thinks xyz fraternity wants to hear, when in reality they're silently laughing at you because it's frankly kinda pathetic. The solution is pretty simple, dude: be yourself and don't act like a petty sorority girl when it comes to picking which fraternities you wanna rush.

By: .
by: LolJul 7, 2014 2:11:29 PM

How do you expect to be a pledge if your feelings are hurt that easily?

By: Lol
by: HahaJul 8, 2014 5:47:06 PM

Honestly I was just bored and wanted to see what would happen if I freaked out on your comment. You kinda took my replies too personal but your right, if I have to fake to get into a good fraternity then I wouldn't belong there and I wouldn't rush there anyway. If a greekrank comment actually offended me then rushing would be a terrible idea. I already have an idea of what being a pledge is like but I don't have much info on rushing. Guess I will find out in a few months.

By: Haha
by: Every girl every whereSep 9, 2019 9:53:23 PM

Wow. You sound like such a frat douche. How’s that serving you in the real world

By: Every girl every where
#3  by: ?   

You don't even go here yet. How are you already deciding where to rush?

By: ?
by: FroshJul 7, 2014 3:23:57 PM

Not deciding just trying to get some expectations of what fraternities I have a realistic chance of getting a bid from. Since I obviously can't rush for a few months I don't want to get my expectations higher than they should be.

By: Frosh
#4  by: Guest   

KA and Phi Psi are tougher to get bids from and have the most selective rush process on campus

Sig Pi gives out bids like candy on halloween, Theta Chi does but to a lesses extent

KA and Sig Pi are preppier than Phi Psi and Theta Chi

Si Pi and Theta Chi are more so athletes/gym rats than Phi Psi and KA

Phi Psi looks for wealthy guys, KA looks for the typical nice guys, Sig Pi looks for the most athletic guys, and Theta Chi is kinda a mashup of the other three

All four houses have good parties and sority relations so I'm not gonna include that, but I would say dont limit yourself to these 4 houses and also consider Fiji and Phi Delt. They are still pretty good houses even though they take a good handful of guys who were dinged by the first four houses you asked about.

By: Guest
by: This^Jul 7, 2014 10:13:05 PM

This is actually the most true thing i have ever read on this site.

Next year Phi Tau and SAE are completely gone (Both Losing their charters this last semester) and Phi Psi, KA, Theta Chi, Sig Pi and arguable Fiji will be top on campus granted none of them get kicked off since they are all constantly in hot water with their nationals.

With that being said you sound like a loser kid, so I would go delt

By: This^
by: GuestJul 7, 2014 10:49:15 PM

If SAE and Phi Tau were in the discussion, the key to getting a bid would be to really know one or more of the brothers from back home or from high school before even coming to Miami. From what I hear, they give out most of their bids and first semester party/event invitations on the basis of this (especially since becoming underground). Those two chapters tend to recruit rich kids who are preppy, but not overly try-hard preppy like Sig Pi and Phi Delt.

By: Guest
by: uhhh?Jul 8, 2014 9:14:11 AM

Phi Delt? Yeah, Going 2 for 23 on first bid night is really spectacular. People don't forget

By: uhhh?
by: honestlyJul 8, 2014 9:20:02 AM

phi psi has been pretty easy to get bids from in recent years. they bidded total scrubs last year

By: honestly
by: not really opiJul 8, 2014 10:47:23 AM

The guy who gave his

By: not really opi
by: not really Jul 8, 2014 10:49:25 AM

the guy who gave his opinions originally is an idiot. Phi Tau, SAE, and phi psi consistently have the best classes no matter what because they are selective and do not go after one specific type of kid

By: not really
by: ?Jul 8, 2014 4:24:04 PM

Phi Tau AND SAE are gone next year? I thought it was only Phi Tau?

By: ?
#5  by: For Real   

But seriously kid, to answer these sort of questions don't come on this site. Go to those houses and others with an open mind on what you're looking for. Go to the cheesy recruitment events and talk to the recruiters at their respective tables if you don't have a connection with them. It's gonna be obvious when you hang out with the dudes there. I've done a lot of recruiting and the last thing I want in a pledge is one who came on here to find out if my fraternity was the right fit for him.

By: For Real
by: ButJul 8, 2014 9:42:08 AM

Most of the good chapters dont even participate in that pointless school sanctioned rush stuff like greek tables. The best way to get to know a chapter is get the invite to one of their first semester parties or bars. Make a good impression and get invited back to other random things the house might be having. When I was rushing I never went to any of the school sponsored stuff for greek life or cookouts and still ended up in a "top" house

By: But
#6  by: But what?   

You must have never been then because four of the five fraternities mentioned in this post consistently go but whatever. Only Phi Tau and SAE don't because they're not allowed to and Phi Psi doesn't because they don't do anything like that

By: But what?
#7  by: Sig Ep Rush Chair   

Come to Sig Ep, we werent mentioned in your post but I ASSURE you we are one of the TOP TOP fraternities. We will probably give you a bid if you come around enough.

By: Sig Ep Rush Chair
by: hahaJul 23, 2014 8:25:40 AM

hello pot (Sigep), this is kettle (Sigmapi)

By: haha
#8  by: yo   

If you're chill and not retarded, you get a bid. If not, you don't. Simple really

By: yo
#9  by: yup   

"KA and Phi Psi are tougher to get bids from and have the most selective rush process on campus

Sig Pi gives out bids like candy on halloween, Theta Chi does but to a lesses extent

KA and Sig Pi are preppier than Phi Psi and Theta Chi

Si Pi and Theta Chi are more so athletes/gym rats than Phi Psi and KA

Phi Psi looks for wealthy guys, KA looks for the typical nice guys, Sig Pi looks for the most athletic guys, and Theta Chi is kinda a mashup of the other three"

The guy that said this was spot on. Go to the open houses and pre-rush stuff to these four fraternities first semester, and you'll find which one fits you best. Phi Psi and KA have the most selective rush process, but if you fit in you'll get a bid.

By: yup
by: CWEBBJul 19, 2014 1:51:00 PM

real talk

By: CWEBB
#10  by: Frat King   

This whole website really annoys me but just because i have a sec, when you get to school kid you will find out for yourself what are considered the best fraternities since you will find the hottest girls partying with them. Just meet some of the guys and be yourself. Trust me, its very easy to spot a kid trying to impress everyone from a mile away. Don't even worry about rush yet its a long time away so just enjoy being a little frosh.

By: Frat King

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.