facebook

rush pi phi in the spring or wait until next year?

by: Ah

So I'm a freshman this year and I actually really regret not doing recruitment in the fall. I'm thinking about rushing Pi Phi but I don't really know how the process works and I'm not really sure if I will have much in common with all the other girls rushing. I also heard that recruitment next year might not happen until the spring next year... Would it be better to try in the spring or to wait it out?

Posted By: Ah
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: chappy   

Hi! I would wait until the fall so that you have time to go to every single sorority. You have no idea who is going to be in Pi Phi and if you're worried about not having a connection with those girls besides the fact you're all founding members, I would wait until the fall. That way you have your choice from every sorority, including Pi Phi. Fall recruitment is definitely happening next year.

By: chappy
by: ^Jan 31, 2015 12:34:01 AM

I was a founding member of kappa and I'm stoked on it. Being a founder is an honor!!!!

By: ^
by: chappyFeb 9, 2015 3:52:52 AM

wasn't saying founding member is a bad thing! I just know it's not for everyone. I'm very happy you enjoyed your experience and I know MANY girls have enjoyed being a founding member and many will love founding Pi Phi as well!

By: chappy
by: kappa lolApr 12, 2015 6:15:44 PM

Of course you're a Kappa. Does it shock anyone that Kappas basically live on this site?

By: kappa lol
#2  by: From experience   

My freshman year Kappa was colonizing and just like you I didn't Rush in the fall and regreted it. I heard of Kappa and did the whole process, met the girls and was extended invitation. I dropped because I had nothing in common with these girls. Kappa is a good sorority nationally but it was new and all the work you have to do to start it up. I'm SOOO happy I dropped and rushed in the Fall. Now I'm in a great sorority that I love and have no regrets.

By: From experience
by: ^Jan 31, 2015 12:35:50 AM

Sorry you didn't feel the connection. I felt the connection and I'm SOOOO happy I joined Kappa. Those of us that joined have a great sisterhood, and we love that we put a lot of work into starting it up.
I would tell anyone who is a cutting edge person, to join a new sorority. It is a great experience.

#3  by: honestly   

If you have a chance to go Pi Phi now, I would do it. You have a chance to be a part of a group that is new, and you can help define the group. Also, they do have an excellent reputation at USC so that could help you with jobs.

By: honestly
by: ^Jan 31, 2015 12:36:18 AM

Go for it. I joined a new sorority here a few years ago , and I love it. Love being a founding member :)

#4  by: tbh   

Definitely meet with some people at Pi Phi, spring recruitment is also going on and it's usually free/non-binding unless you accept a bid. So I would say give those a try, and if not you can still rush again in the fall!

By: tbh
#5  by: Hi   

I think that if you're truly upset about missing Rush, then you should wait to experience that. Even if you feel like Pi Phi is the right fit for you, you can still get there through recruitment next fall :)

By: Hi
#6  by: Well   

Getting a chance to be a founding member is a once in a lifetime opportunity. You get to set the culture of the sorority.

By: Well

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.