facebook

thoughts on skit 2014

by: Skit

So confused why beta didn't place, wtf

Posted By: Skit
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: CU   

Oh I don't know, maybe because there were 6 better skits. It wasn't that impressive. The dancing was mediocre, story was eh. Just because they had their shirts off and put up all the sorority signs doesn't make it a good skit.

By: CU
#2  by: truth   

eveeryone gets what they put in, i bet dg worked hella hard on their dance routine its always impeccable, and thetas on their props and what not. i know phidelt made their own so that was impressive, everyone else's was just themed and had no plot. personally i didn't like aphi but they looked super cute and had half their sorority cheer and give everyone else a headache. i think theta should of gotten second. agd's was surprisingly impressive, kudos girls. delts was super cool, funny, and they killed it with the props.

beta didn't place because although thy might have won choreo and costumes.. they missed the story or point to their skit..

By: truth
#3  by: skit   

placing isn't everything and everyone did great, but I honestly think theta or beta deserved to win. they were the most entertaining to watch and memorable, skit isn't just a dance competition!

By: skit
#4  by: ?   

What would have been everyone else's picks for winners?

By: ?
#5  by: skitty   

This year any of the top 5 that placed weren't allowed to win more than 1 "best of" award. I know that Phi Delt and DG really won 3 or 4 "best of" awards each, but could only be awarded 1 because they placed. Kind of a stupid system if you ask me...

In other news, The Delt's Finding Nemo was awesome!

By: skitty
by: what?Apr 9, 2014 12:35:43 AM

That obviously wasn't true since Theta won best costumes and best props while placing 3rd.
It doesn't make sense that while Beta won choreography AND costumes, DG JUST won choreography and got 1st when Beta didn't even place. I don't get it.

By: what?
by: dogApr 9, 2014 2:56:36 PM

Thats a good point, but the score charts say differently. They for sure did not give out some "best of" awards to the true winners.

By: dog
by: @dogApr 9, 2014 5:26:34 PM

Who got awards you think they didn't deserve?

By: @dog
by: @whatApr 11, 2014 10:57:43 AM

To be honest, I'm surprised Beta won choreography. Theirs was good but I though there were some that were better.

Side note: I can't remember if Sammy won anything but theirs was freaking hilarious.

Double side note: and how about those adelphos?

By: @what
#6  by: to: @dog   

Delts won props
Beta won choreo
Phi Delt won Backdrop, originality, soundtrack, and costumes

If there was a ranking for audience interaction/enjoyment (which there should be) Beta would have swept that title NO DOUBT and perhaps placed 3rd, 4th, or 5th as a result.

In response to Theta winning two sections, I don't know why... I just know that DG really won at least 3 "best of" awards by default because their overall score was the highest out of everyone.

By: to: @dog

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.