facebook

looking to join a sorority

by: green girl

I'm looking to join a sorority and my step mom wants me to join sigma kappa because she was in it but i keep seeing low rankings for them and since I'm new to all of this I'm not really sure what all of that means or what to do.

Posted By: green girl
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: well   

it means you were stupid because now sigma kappa is going to know who wrote this, cause not many PNMs will have a recommendation from their step mom.

By: well
by: wellJan 30, 2015 9:57:08 AM

in other words, they will know who you are and that you went on Greekrank to talk about them and they and nobody else will like that.

By: well
by: green girlJan 30, 2015 7:19:07 PM

Theres no disrespect to sigma kappa I'm just new to this whole thing and I'm trying to find out as much info as possible. I want to be in SK but I just didn't understand the ranking system. Theres no need to say I'm stupid thats just rude!! I was hoping someone could explain what it means.

By: green girl
#2  by: Greekgal   

Basically they aren't a top house but they are sweet girls! Every sorority has there flaws! Sk has a great sisterhood but aren't too great at campus involvement. Just go through recruitment next fall and rush the sorority you feel most at home at! Don't let anyone influence you, be yourself, and you'll end up finding your forever home!

By: Greekgal
by: green girlJan 31, 2015 9:01:12 PM

thank you!!

By: green girl
#3  by: Pikeachu   

the perfect sorority is pike

By: Pikeachu
#4  by: fitgirl   

Here is the deal: There are tiers at Long Beach but they aren't as intense as other schools. So all sororities are pretty good. All sororities have great girls and do a lot of good for the community. And because their are way more fraternities than sororities, all sororities get socials with various fraternities. The thing about Sigma Kappa is their collective vibe is a very random. That could be seen as a good or bad thing. They don't have a real "stereotype" but they don't have a strong identity either. Just go through rush and see where you feel comfortable. Sigma Kappa has a lot of chapters here in California - so that is a good thing. But if you are set on being in a "top tier" sorority, then they aren't the ones to join. Hope that helped.

By: fitgirl
#5  by: Pup   

Many "legacies" which is what you are... don't always join the sorority their mother joined. Sigma Kappa, or any other sorority, at one university may be different from another. Greek Rank is honestly not a good place to find what each house is like. I recommend going through fall recruitment. This gives you a chance to go to every single house and get a feel for each one based on your own opinion.

By: Pup

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.