facebook

expansion

by: gt

which sorority do you think will be the next one to join our community?

Posted By: gt
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: opinion   

Not sure if we're totally ready quite yet, but I would expect in the next 5 years we'll be open for expansion. Housing is a major consideration and while there are lots supposedly available, it depends on if the school will allow construction on some of the sites. That being said...

I think Sigma Kappa, Gamma Phi Beta, or AOPi would be the best choice (in that order), followed by TriDelt, DZ, or Kappa Alpha Theta (with DZ or Theta going either or)

By: opinion
by: interestingMay 28, 2015 10:44:57 PM

what is your reasoning for that ordering?

By: interesting
by: re:May 29, 2015 8:59:45 AM

Just an opinion but based on national size and strength and I think they would mesh the best with our current chapters. I think they could develop their own personalities whereas a group like KD would automatically (most likely) go for "the southern girls" and would be an "ADPi knockoff"

By: re:
by: re:May 29, 2015 9:02:04 AM

And partially based on who has been pursuing expansion. Maybe not all of them but they're still expanding more than a group like DG who's had all of ~4 colonies in the last 5 years while AOII has had more than 20

By: re:
#2  by: Who would expand?   

I was just wondering this too the other day but then wonder which group is crazy enough to come here without a house. APhi has been here forever and still can't get a lot. So why would some other group come on? Nope. Not gonna happen.

By: Who would expand?
by: true infoJul 25, 2015 6:27:19 AM

When Alpha Phi had announced plans for their house that was supposed to be next to ADPi that's not happening, the architecture firm involved did a site plan for the whole greek sector of campus. There are in fact several lots available. So it seems like Alpha Phi's nationals won't give them the money for the house until they're consistently hitting quota and staying at total.

hugarchitects . com/portfolio/greek-housing/greek-housing-i/

By: true info
by: wowJul 25, 2015 7:02:00 AM

Some of those house plans are beautiful. I always wondered why some of the sororities at Tech either had tiny houses like Aphi or axo and then huge ones like phi mu.

By: wow
by: wellJul 25, 2015 7:54:25 AM

You have to consider when the houses were built. There used to be way less girls at Tech, and a lot of groups didn't expect such rapid expansion, so, they've outgrown their current houses. Back in 2005, total was like 90 (for the whole chapter), now, in less than 10 years, total is like 175ish, and keeps going up.

By: well
by: @true info Jul 25, 2015 12:14:09 PM

They've always had the money for a house from nationals they just hit some construction delays.

By: @true info
by: okayJul 25, 2015 2:27:40 PM

but 3 years is a little more than a delay. Especially cause they're in Phi Tau for the next two years...

By: okay
by: Speculating Jul 25, 2015 2:44:55 PM

Is it 3? I think it's only a 2 year delay. Part of it was construction tech had to complete. The other part is probably not being able to construct during football season.

By: Speculating
by: Re: speculatingJul 26, 2015 7:16:10 AM

the plans for their house were announced like a year ago, every single one of them posted it on facebook. Construction was supposed to start like June 2014 and be finished for Fall 2016. And now all the pictures have been taken down and construction still hasn't started.

By: Re: speculating

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.