facebook

rush advice

by: 5th year

People say to rush everywhere but that is bs. Coming from someone in a middle tier fraternity, no where is gonna be perfect, and every fraternity has cliques and people you won't like. In reality you should rush at the best fraternities because being in a good fraternity means better networking on campus, funner events, and more opportunities to meet better girls. If you aren't in a good chapter you will probably realize after 1-2 years that being active there isn't worth your time.

Posted By: 5th year
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Kinda true...   

I'm a girl in one of the top sororities and I frequent about 8 houses, and there are about 5 other houses I'll go to less often in addition. So when guys say only rush the top houses, realize that there are about 10 fraternities that you should really give a shot because a lot of them have cool guys and lovely social scenes.

By: Kinda true...
#2  by: this   

Finally, something true. Anyone who says it's not true is delusional.

By: this
#3  by: 5th year, cont'd. .   

With this all being said, when rushing don't necessarily pick the best house but a good house that you feel most comfortable at. If you get bad vibes from multiple brothers or feel the slightest bit uncomfortable, it's not going to work out even if you do get a bid. Also keep in mind your biggest hassle at GT will be academics so don't feel like you can change a house around just because you are really close with one brother and want to be in the fraternity that he's in. In short it's not worth the struggle, go to a place that's already good if you can where you will not have to constantly try to motivate brothers to be more social and invite girls to parties.

By: 5th year, cont'd. .

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.