facebook

rush

by: Sororities

My mother was KKG and is super uptight about me joining the best sisterhood. Where should I avoid?

Posted By: Sororities
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: ...   

go through Recruitment, keep an open mind about all the houses, and find where you fit the best. Every house has positives.

By: ...
by: re:...Apr 11, 2014 12:10:24 AM

There's definitely sororities with bad sisterhood, you should answer the question, "open mind" means your probably in some garbage tier sorority like AXO

By: re:...
#2  by: bad sisterhood   

From what I've seen, AXO, ADPi, Alpha Phi and Zeta have the worst sisterhoods.

By: bad sisterhood
by: watApr 11, 2014 12:14:05 PM

how can four out of seven sororities have the worst sisterhood, that would make for an average of worst sisterhoods

By: wat
by: re:watApr 11, 2014 6:26:29 PM

okay, sorry. They have bad sisterhoods.

AXOs can't keep their girls from dropping, bad sisterhood
ADPis don't even like each other, bad sisterhood
Alpha Phis don't even know who their sisters are, bad sisterhood
Zeta doesn't have any sisterhood at all, bad sisterhood

By: re:wat
by: WellApr 11, 2014 8:26:18 PM

Axids sleep with each other's boyfriends, bad sisterhood
Phi Mus won't acknowledge bigger girls and hide them during recruitment, bad sisterhood
Agds talk crap about each other, bad sisterhood

By: Well
by: ^Apr 12, 2014 9:36:12 AM

Not so much

By: ^
by: ^Apr 12, 2014 9:36:12 AM

Not so much

By: ^
#3  by: Cat fight   

Only alpha xi hasn't been called a bad sisterhood yet, can we get someone to give reason they have a bad sisterhood or just admit every sorority is different. Join where you are comfortable. It's not just 4 years. It's where you'll come back for homecoming every year. The sorority dynamics will be completely reversed 15 years from now. Enjoy it while you can.

By: Cat fight
by: actuallyApr 13, 2014 9:42:22 PM

Every house has been "called out" for having a bad sisterhood. Though, personally, I don't think it's true of every house. Also, I wouldn't say dynamics will be completely reversed. I mean, it's possible, but we'll see.

By: actually
#4  by: Well Then   

As I'm sure you can see OP, nowhere has good sisterhood so its probably best you just found a chapter of KKG and focus on sisterhood. Good luck with that!

By: Well Then
#5  by: sisterhood   

The thing with sisterhood is that it is different for each individual. There are 200 girls in every sorority. There is no way that you will be friends with all of them. Sorority life is a lot like having a family. You will probably get in one or two cat fights/disagreements with at least one girl in your sorority no matter where you go, but you will definitely find few sisters that will become your best/closest friends in the sorority, and you will at least be willing to go to lunch with the rest of the girls in your chapter too. I think the above "bad sisterhood" comments are based on a few isolated incidences of sisters in the same sorority behaving badly, but it is likely that the sisters in those incidences weren't super close to begin with. It's impossible to be super close with 200 people..some of the girls will just be someone you smile and wave at and that's really it. That's just the reality. The important thing is to choose a sorority that fits you and you will for sure find your best friends within that group of girls who will become your closest and truest sisters.

By: sisterhood
by: sisterhoodApr 17, 2014 9:24:40 AM

Some descriptions of the sorority cultures that might help you:

ADPi: Very prim and proper, these girls tend to be old school well mannered, a lot are very religious (usually Christianity), they have required Bible study. They are the "classy girls". Extremely nice to everyone they meet and easy to talk to.

ZTA: These girls are very laid back and go with the flow. Super outgoing and social. They party a lot and usually make fast friends with people because they are so outgoing and laid back.

Phi Mu: Athletic but definitely girly. They all dress super cute and put together but they are also awesome at athletics. They tend to win intramurals and tug a lot.

AXO: Highly driven type-A personalities. A lot of these girls are into outdoors-y stuff like hiking, kayaking, camping. A few are also athletic. They make good grades and take on lots of leadership roles.

AXiD: Outgoing, love to party and make friends. Similar to ZTA but not quite as laid back. They definitely put themselves out there to get involved in a lot of things but can also have a good time.

Alpha Phi: These girls are very social and also very genuine. They like to go out and have fun but are also very down to earth. They have very strong leadership personalities and run several organizations on campus.

Alpha Gam: They are down to earth and are very focused on grades. For these girls, school and grades are a top priority. They study together and are often top of their class, but can still have fun.

By: sisterhood

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.