facebook

frats

by: Curious

Joining a frat worth it?

Posted By: Curious
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: GDI   

NO. Don't waste your money to pay for friends. Their are more worth-wild organizations on campus other then Greeks.

By: GDI
by: LOLFeb 10, 2015 10:35:16 AM

It's obvious you're not even in college because the term "worth-wild" doesn't even exist or perhaps you just can't spell correctly. "Worthwhile" is probably what you meant to say. You're welcome.

By: LOL
#2  by: Yes   

Definitely! Generally, people in fraternities and sororities enjoy their college lives A LOT MORE than geeds. One piece of advice - what you put into it is what you'll get out of it so have an open mind and get involved.

I find it amusing because it's very typical of geeds to say "pay for friends" when they have no idea what's it like to be in a Greek organization.

By: Yes
#3  by: Not really   

At Georgetown...not really. Greek life doesn't dominate activities here. You can get just as much camaraderie and social/party opportunities out of other clubs on campus (and you probably won't have to pay as much in dues). If you're really interested in going Greek try a professional sorority/fraternity because at least that will round out your resume and experiences.

By: Not really
by: Give it a tryNov 16, 2015 1:45:55 PM

Wrong. Georgetown certainly isn't a Greek campus but it's growing. If you want parties there are few groups that throw as many parties. Also, many fraternities are about a lot more than parties though. SigEp is about building balanced men which means they want you to have fun while also growing as an individual with your brothers. Rush and see if it's the right place for you!

By: Give it a try
#4  by: A   

It really depends. I'm in a fraternity here and it has been one of the best decisions I've made while in college. Like any club on campus, it's not for everyone. I recommend rushing the fraternities that seem interesting to you and you can get an idea of its the right fit for you.

By: A

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.