facebook

pike or ka

by: Fraternity'19

I'm an incoming freshman and I'm trying to decide which I wanna rush. Any opinions on which is better?

Posted By: Fraternity'19
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Facts   

KA is the oldest fraternity at ecu with a nice house. They are very selective and look for southern guys. They have some of the best parties but are not very involved on campus. You either love or hate KA's, just depends who you are and what your like.

Pike is the largest fraternity on campus and is very diverse. They just got a hose last year but it's no where near campus and isn't anything to be proud of. They have grown a lot recently and are overall well liked. They have some good guys in the fraternity but some guys make you really question who they let in. If you go pike you will more than likely find some guys you fit in with because of there diversity.

They are different fraternity's so it depends on what your looking for. When you rush you will know right away which one is your fit. If you have a choice I would go KA they bring a lot more to the table.

By: Facts
#2  by: Pirate   

Unless you are diehard about sports, go KA. Pike is good, but KA is definitely better. I will suggest that you go through rush and meet guys in all the fraternities. If you pledge a house just bc its top tier, you're gonna have a bad time.

By: Pirate
by: Facts Jul 30, 2015 11:58:29 PM

Pike is the most hated fraternity on campus, ask anyone...

By: Facts
#3  by: Cardy   

Yeah I mean if choosing between the 2, KA is the better choice. They've got the reputation for being older and more established with alumni and money, and also having better parties with a nicer house and backyard.

Both are top 5 and good fraternities, but like someone else said they are very different. KA is more selective and southern...they don't give out a lot of bids and they ones they do give out are generally early bids. They barely participate in formal rush (or on campus) very much. Pike is known for giving out a lot of bids and being "diverse." KA is definitely a better overall group.

But look for what fits you. Don't just join a fraternity because you hear it's popular or they look like they have nice things. Join because you like the people and you'll have a better college experience in the long run

By: Cardy

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.