facebook

recruitment advice

by: To all PNM's

To all potential new members, do not be scared of going through recruitment. Do not worry about tiers or hazing. Do not have bias based on previous judgements from the past because the past is over with chapters have new people.

No matter what sorority you end up in, at the end of Bid Night you will have a home with girls that a proud to be your sister.

If you do happen to get hazed, then report it because it is dangerous.

If you are worried about status and you end up in the "weird" sorority (which none are weird) then do something about it run for VP of Membership Recruitment and make a change or just give it a chance because you will end up falling in love with the sisters you will have.

My Advice:
Give every chapter a chance
Do not drop recruitment if you do not get the sorority you wanted
Do not allow yourself to be hazed
Go through recruitment with friends, if you end up in a different chapter as them you can still be friends!
Keep in touch with friends in different chapters
Make Greek Life out to what it really is, an everlasting sisterhood

Good luck with recruitment

Posted By: To all PNM's
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Yes   

This is the only thing to take to heart on this website. All that happens on here is girls ranking their own sororities and bad mouthing others. Join the sorority you like best.

By: Yes
#2  by: bump   

bumping this post to the top since recruitment is coming up and this is really the only thing on this website PNMs need to see

By: bump
#3  by: YES YES YES   

Thank you to whoever posted this. I don't know if any pnms actually look at greek rank, but if they do, I hope they see this.

New Girls: Remember to join the sorority that YOU feel most comfortable in. This is about how YOU feel, not about what petty people write about other organizations to make theirs look better. Every sorority is different and has positives and negatives. But if you go in with an open mind and choose based on who you feel the most comfortable with, rather than reputations, you will be happy with where you end up.

Good luck!

By: YES YES YES
#4  by: sdl   

As someone who not only knew about this website before recruitment but also knew people in Greek life, I definitely let other peoples opinions effect what I thought about the sororities here. It doesn't matter what stereotype you hear about a sorority. Pick the sorority with the girls you like best and who you felt most comfortable with during recruitment, not the ones whose reputation you liked the best.

By: sdl
by: SameJan 6, 2015 12:57:10 AM

I did the same thing! Went in with a closed mind and biased impressions of every sorority based on what others told me. BOY WAS I WRONG. The sorority I never thought I would like is where I ended up and I love it more and more every day. The sorority I thought I wanted? Couldn't see myself there at all.

By: Same
#5  by: sororityty    

Many PNMs are going to think that they have to join the same sorority as their best friend/ roommate or they won't last as friends anymore.

Well the reality is you WILL stay friends. Me and 3 of my friends went through recruitment. I went in to one sorority, one friend in another, two in another one. And yet I still talk to them, still hang out with them every day. Every sorority wing is in towers so I sit up on their floor or they come down to mine ALL the time.

Even better, by joining Greek Life, you are probably going to befriend girls in other sororities anyway. My closest friends that I've made through being in a sorority are in AGD and GPhiB (two sororities Im not in).

And having friends in these other sororities doesn't mean I don't have some in my own. I could not imagine myself being anywhere else than in my own sorority. I love my sisters! And I spend a lot of time with them too. But in Greek Life, you have the opportunity to meet SO MANY people!

By: sororityty

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.