facebook

a chi o

by: axo

Why doesn't A chi o have a house?

Posted By: axo
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: lol   

They are very new on campus and they aren't ready for a house.

By: lol
#2  by: Guest   

they can't meet chapter total

By: Guest
by: GREEK WEEKMay 28, 2015 10:03:24 AM

What is "chapter total"?

By: GREEK WEEK
#3  by: Hogs   

They can't get enough girls to join and they are last in grades so I doubt they are ever getting a house.

By: Hogs
by: Rzbck alumMay 30, 2015 5:31:24 AM

They will get a house in the next 4 years- I guarantee that. The U of A has screwed them over. They NEVER should have tried to colonize 2 chapters the same year-one was bound to suffer. Chalk it up to the greediness of the U of A. They like to promote the fact that they have 10 sororities and ???90% or so of the girls going through recruitment received a bid-never mind the fact that many girls dropped out and are not included in that percentage-that also does not take into consideration the high number of girls that accept a bid to a sorority they never really wanted and end up dropping out by Christmas. I have also heard that the U of A is being pretty uncooperative with AXO regarding their housing situation.

By: Rzbck alum
#4  by: razorback   

because the university has not made it easy for them.

By: razorback
#5  by: greek girl   

AXO has a strong chapter- there are over 350 members! The problem with the house is the University made agreements with the national chapter that they are now not honoring. There is on going negotiation between national and the university.

By: greek girl
by: Pretty sureJun 19, 2015 3:44:04 PM

AXO doesn't have 350 members. It's well known that retention is a problem for them.

By: Pretty sure
by: greek girlJun 26, 2015 3:20:09 PM

Please know there are girls that leave all chapters. The chapter is 3 years old. These are great girls and have a great sisterhood.

By: greek girl
#6  by: Sarah Fuendeling   

They are too new. A house is coming soon for AXO!

By: Sarah Fuendeling
#7  by: What really happened   

They used to have a house a long time ago (Sigma Chi's current house), but then they left campus. The reason AXO doesn't have a house is because the university lied about their terms for them to be able to get a house before they colonized. It's really not on them, they're trying very hard to get a house. It doesn't matter the number of people in it-because they do have enough people, it doesn't matter how new they are, none of that. AXO came to campus under the impression that they would be getting a house but then UofA screwed them over and took back the original deal to get a house. If UofA wants to bring in more sororities and fraternities, obviously the new ones need houses first. So they are working on an agreement. And let's be honest, if they took back their house from Sigma Chi, everyone would hate them since Sigma Chi is a top frat.

By: What really happened
#8  by: Wps   

Just curious...why is phi mu able to build a house when axo can't?

By: Wps
by: Class of 2019Aug 21, 2015 1:18:05 AM

I have wondered the same thing.

By: Class of 2019
by: TomAug 21, 2015 8:37:46 AM

Because Phi Mu has more local and national $$ support. Also, I wish people would quit saying "A Chi O." It's ALPHA CHI.

By: Tom
#9  by: Greek Girl   

This group had a great Rush! They deserve a house- Group has strong numbers and great girls.

By: Greek Girl

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.