facebook

extension

by: GreekChat

Why aren't bigger sororities (nationally) coming to UA? I'm a KAT and if they would recolonize that would be so great! Why DZ & AGD? Also, with UA's last extension, those chapter's don't even have housing! What is going on in the UA Greek Office? Seems like a mess!

Posted By: GreekChat
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Disgusted   

Apparently we only want to add bottom tier groups.

By: Disgusted
#2  by: Apparently   

Theta got burned years ago when they were struggling -- Panhellenic voted to bring KD to campus knowing it would be the nail in Theta's coffin, and sure enough they had to leave campus not long after KD got its charter.

By: Apparently
by: Theta LoveMar 5, 2015 12:19:22 PM

Things have changed at UA since Theta was here last. Time to move on & come back to UA!

By: Theta Love
#3  by: rzback 2017   

I agree. The university needs to wait until BOTH Phi Mu and Alpha Chi have houses, and both are doing better; before bringing in new groups. It was stupid of them to try to bring in two new colonies at the same time anyway. One chapter was bound to suffer.

By: rzback 2017
by: HousesMar 1, 2015 8:17:43 PM

Phi Mu's house is about to be built. Their lot has been cleared and the sign is up out front. Should be finished in 2017.

AXO's nationals said they will not build a house until they reach quota and start improving. Rumor is AXO's about to lose their charter.

AGD said if chosen they will begin the process of building a house as soon as they get on campus.

DZ said they would hopefully have a finished facility within the next 3 years if chosen.

By: Houses
by: Paying AttentionMar 2, 2015 3:23:58 PM

Looks like most of the AGD chapters in the SEC have been closed.

By: Paying Attention
by: HmmMar 4, 2015 10:24:11 AM

"begin the process" + "hopeful" = futility and failure. Conclusion: disaster, humiliating, and chaos for the UofA sorority system.

By: Hmm
#4  by: well   

Like someone said above, it was dumb to try to bring on two chapters at once and then leave them dangling for quite a while with the housing issue, and now they want to bring more groups?

I would assume a lot of the other, stronger NPCs don't want to touch Arkansas because of the issues with Phi Mu/AXO, housing and the different quotas. It's kinda a mess.

DZ is definitely stronger nationally than AGD is though. AGD has very few good chapters.

By: well
#5  by: onceahog   

Trying not to come on here to bash other sororities as some others have and give you the real juice - UA Greek and housing wants all new chapters with houses to be governed BY the UA, not their own organizations. That's one reason it took Phi Mu a couple of years to get their new house settled and agreed to. UA wants to have their fingers on everything. Phi Mu won (no, I'm not a Phi Mu here or anywhere else). It has nothing to do with "lower tier" or "top tier" - I don't know where the people on this board have gotten their information.

By: onceahog
#6  by: Justsomeone    

Who said AXO was going to lose their charter and why??

By: Justsomeone

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.