facebook

rushing difficulty

by: sarah

How difficult is rushing a sorority without any kind of recommendation letters, or even knowing any of the girls in the houses/pledging? I'm thinking about Arkansas as a school because it looks like a great adventure, but I'm from out of state and Greek life here isn't very big so I wouldn't have any kind of previous connections.

Posted By: sarah
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Woo pig    

Arkansas greek life is incredible. I went through Rush 2 years ago and it's not difficult to get into a house if you don't know anyone. Yes knowing people helps but it's not at all the most important thing, people get cut from houses that their best friends are in..that's just rush. But on the other hand the most important things people look at is GPA and volunteering and over all personalality.

By: Woo pig
#2  by: Z   

You absolutely must have recs. you really need a strong rush package to go thru at a school with a strong Greek system as arkansas does. If you don't know anyone personally who can write you a rec, google local sorority alumni groups in your city and reach out to them. Rush can be tough but Greek life is really a fun part of your life. Good luck!

By: Z
#3  by: Arkansas girl   

Rushing at a large school is very difficult without letters of support - especially in the South. Keep that in mind and realize your options may be pretty limited.

By: Arkansas girl

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.