facebook

blabla

by: thatboy

Hey guys,

I am actually thinking about rushing this upcoming Fall. I am an incoming sophomore from Texas Tech University, I had a GPA of 3.7 but partied too hard my last semester and I decided to move out since I barely made a 2.5. I was never in a fraternity but always had buddies who were. So here comes the twist, I am from India. Well my parents are. I don't have an accent at all. And I do not like curry I promise you that. Hold on, here comes ANOTHER twist. I am actually 22. Now you guys are going to be like wait what? A 22 YEAR OLD SOPHOMORE? DA FUGG? but I took a year off to travel the world with my family. And also took another semester off to work for my family business. But anyways, my question to yall is. Would it be hard for me when I am rushing? I mean, I don't even want to bother rushing if I am not going to get bids, you know?. I have never been a subject to racism. I've always got along with white folks and to describe my personality more. I love drinking and going out and getting hammered and having a great time but also at the same time if I got things to do; I'll take care of the things first. So I guess I know my priorities. I don't really get along with Indian's because they think I am TOO American. And I am totally fine with that. So my question to you guys is; would be it hard for me when I am rushing?. Are there any minorities like me in IFC fraternities?. And please be blunt and honest. I don't want any fake hopes or anything. Help a brother out!

Posted By: thatboy
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: LOL   

Go chug bleach

By: LOL
#2  by: A   

If you put forward a fake image, you're going to end up at a place you don't need to be. There are definitely minorities in almost every house, and I can promise you that my house (not going to say which one) wouldn't judge you any differently based on your race. That being said, many people will judge you. Its a sad fact that most greek life in the south is dominated by elitist white guys. Every house has those douche bag guys, just like every house has open minded men who believe in racial equality. I would suggest just going through rush and seeing what happens. Attend as many pre-rush events as possible.

By: A
#3  by: 2cool   

So what happened? Did you rush? How did it turn out?

By: 2cool

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.