facebook

thinking of applying

by: ASU

So I was thinking of applying to asu out of state mainly because of solid business school, ease of getting in and of course parties and hot chicks. But I keep hearing asu is a dry campus now and the whole greek scene is completely off campus now cause of administration and cops. True or not?

Posted By: ASU
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: WHAT?   

WHY ASU??? This school blows.

By: WHAT?
#2  by: Lol   

A lot of the greek scene is off campus but if you're choosing a school based on parties your professional and academic life is going to suffer....maybe think ahead?

By: Lol
#3  by: ha   

Most colleges are technically dry campus so that should mean little and it actually does little to prevent raging

By: ha
#4  by: Senior   

To OP: The partying at ASU has slowed down considerably and yes Greek houses are off campus in unofficial apartment complexes. now. ASU is on a rampage of removing and scaring off any form of Greek life. Top "goody" boy fraternities like LXA have been in trouble recently and even middle tier and bottom tier fraternities are facing the same consequences. Sororities? Yup they are facing similar issues a well.

I know though that there's these cottages in Tempe opening up and A LOT of fraternities are moving out there. Essentially what Greek Row should kind of be like, just a mini version. But I think it's going to be a huge liability for fraternities that move there.

However, ASU still rages, not the #1 it used to be years ago, but they still go hard, also the girls are just as hot as they've always been. I mean they banned Kegs are football tailgates, wtf. It's probably hard to find a good party as a GDI these days, but if you're greek it's no issue.

Now here's my opinion:
I'm going to get a lot of hate for this, but if I were a freshmen and dead set on going to a school in Arizona, I'd choose U of A. Why?

-They have a similar level of hot girls to ASU
-Although they don't rage as hard, they still rage nonetheless
-They have greek houses
-Their business school is just as good as W.P. Carey

Go for a tour around ASU and see if you like it or not. Worse case scenario you can always transfer.

By: Senior
#5  by: ASU   

Prolly going to USC anyways and planned to use ASU as a back up. Might apply to U of A too.

By: ASU
#6  by: Advice   

UARIZONA, USC, ULCA, UC- San Diego, U of San Diego and San Diego State are way better that ASU. Hell, I would even go as far as to say NAU is better than ASU.

By: Advice
#7  by: Asu   

ASU Is a great school if you go here for an education and want to learn something. You will make a lot of connections that will be valuable in your adult life. Phoenix area is filled with many major business, sports teams and medical hospitals. It has it all for great internships and jobs. It's is a great active city with being a major college town.
If you only care about partying or Greek life you won't do well in any school.

By: Asu
#8  by: DUDE    

ASU still rages if you are a gdi anywhere you go to crappy parties. if you are in a good off campus or on campus house you party with hot girls and rage. we are close to mill and scottsdale if you cant have fun at this school its your own fault. our greek life is hurting like greek life around the country. times have changed and it shows its not 2005 anymore. schools are cracking down on smaller things in greek life.

By: DUDE
#9  by: lol   

wtf you guys talking about asu still rages

By: lol

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.