facebook

new fraternities?

by: curious

what do you guys think about newer fraternities and how do you think they will do? also how do you think they can improve?

ive heard about zeta psi and kappa sigma so far as new. do you think rushing and joining a newer fraternity would also allow me to play a more involved role?

Posted By: curious
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Sure   

They're chill and yes

By: Sure
#2  by: Yes   

Joining a newer fraternity gives you an immediate opportunity to be a leader and help move the organization in a direction you want it to

By: Yes
#3  by: no   

kappa sigma is full of goobers

By: no
by: AndNov 16, 2014 6:21:38 PM

And Zete is full of irresponsible kids that aren't quite sure how greek life works yet

By: And
#4  by: Founder   

I helped found Sigma Nu, so I have some experience in this regard. We got lucky that no other fraternity was really coming up at the same time we were, so it was easier to recruit the kind of guys willing to put in the work required for it. Since Kappa Sigma and Zete are forming at the same time and in the mini-wake of ZBT, it's going to be really difficult for all three of them to compete for quality guys within the same limited market. My prediction based on the kind of guys available to Sigma Nu in our formative years and the fact that the interest in the greek system went way up this year:

ZBT will remain constant because of their house/location, but struggle to bring in any real talent or cool guys
Kappa Sigma will get a few hard working members, but no one worth talking to and fall way behind in the social ladder
Zete will attract a few cool guys who like to party, but ultimately die out by next fall if they don't attract some more motivated people to keep it going

To those of you reading from either of these fraternities, I suggest for you to not bank on rush and instead recruit from your pool of friends. They are the number one source of good members for a colonizing fraternity. I'd like to see the greek system expand this year, cuz them geedz don't know what they missin til they in, so best of luck!

By: Founder
by: YeahNov 16, 2014 8:56:46 PM

I helped found Kappa Sig. We formed actually a little before ZBT, but the leadership hasn't been steady or else we could've been chartered awhile ago. But that's what happens when only a few ppl pull the weight off the majority.

"Kappa Sigma will get a few hard working members, but no one worth talking to and fall way behind in the social ladder"

Yeah that's pretty much what happened, it's tough..

By: Yeah
by: lolNov 19, 2014 10:12:42 PM

shut up James. Some of the guys in your house might be cute, but no you ;)

By: lol
#5  by: K Sig   

And stop being afraid. Participate in Philanthropies and actually try in them.

By: K Sig

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.