facebook

rush do over

by: TryingAgain

My first year as a freshman, I went through formal recruitment and accepted a bid from one of the sororities. Later I decided that I didn't like it so much so I dropped before being initiated. I want to rush again in the fall, do you think my previous decision would have any effect on my next recruitment? Like will I be rejected by any other the sororities for doing this???

Posted By: TryingAgain
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Yeap   

Ladies definitely remember the ones they reject or the ones that dropped. If you go through recruitment again wanting the sorority that you drop its more than likely that when they are voting, someone will mention that you dropped them last year and to prevent that from happening again they will vote no.

By: Yeap
by: TruthNov 14, 2014 10:59:13 AM

The above statement is true. We remember those that have dropped us or we rejected. Usually we will vote no unless we see a real change from last time. Why give you a chance over another girl with no track record? I've seen girls go through 2, 3 and even 4 times with no change in attitude.

By: Truth
#2  by: Wow   

Talk about membership selection much?

By: Wow
by: CryingNov 24, 2014 7:28:30 PM

Yes there is "membership selection much" because sororities have to have standards

By: Crying
#3  by: hope this helps   

I rushed as a freshman and was not happy and ended up dropping. I rushed again my sophomore year and found my home. Between last year and this year I've seen that I've changed significantly, so it makes sense that sororities will only vote yes if they've seen a change in you

By: hope this helps
by: this^Nov 25, 2014 11:22:37 AM

I know a girl that was dropped from every sorority the first night. It was her wake up call to get herself together. She decided to throw herself into involvement, school and service. This girl went into the next recruitment as good as gold.

By: this^

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.