facebook

national sorority rankings

by: light

Everyone seems to forget that nationally known sororities get you further considering there are more connections, especially if you decide to move or transfer schools, also there is more of a money pool to do events with, as well as more scholarships. It's odd to me that peoeple go for or brag about small basically unknown sororities that "claim to be good at fiu" when they there are just as good if not better sororities at fiu, that are ranked in the TOP 5 nationally around the entire u.s.
Start thinking.

Posted By: light
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Totally   

Agree with this. DPhiE, Tri sig, Phi sig are all very weak nationally. They Don't have that many chapters. The best nationals at FIU are Phi Mu, aopi, and a toss up between AXiD and SK.

By: Totally
by: PNMNov 22, 2014 3:01:31 PM

Very accurate and tbh since I'm rushing next fall I would rather go for an organization that is ranked higher nationally. I'm transferring soon and I'm looking for an organization that is going to be at the other school as well

By: PNM
by: plan Jan 13, 2015 8:43:11 PM

if you want to transfer then look at the sororities at the school you want to transfer to. That will probably narrow your options by ALOT. I know it narrowed it to 2 for me.

By: plan
#2  by: PClove   

Light,
Your statement is correct depending on the reason you decided to join an organization. Yes, with the bigger or nationally recognized sororities you get more connections and possibly have other incentives but that is not always the reason women join their respective organization. I joined my organization, not because they are nationally known or because I want the networking connections in the future, but because this is where I felt the most at home, where I made amazing connections with the women and where I know I'll blossom best. So if people brag to you about their "small basically unknown sororities that claim to be good at FIU", let them; they're clearly happy where they are and are getting what they wanted out of their organization. Its not always about the money, connections, or scholarships.
Start thinking.

By: PClove
#3  by: Correction   

None of the sororities at FIU are Top 5. DPhiE is the absolute worst. AXiD is in the same low boat as Phi Sig and Tri Sig nationals. SK, Phi Mu and AChiO are middle nationally. AOPi is the only one considered in the Top 10.
Start Thinking.

By: Correction
#4  by: actually.   

tri sig is known VERY VERY well nationally. the only two organizations that aren't known at all, or barely are dphie and phi sig.

say you're a
AchiO
AXiD
AOPi
Phi Mu
SK
TRI Sig
ANYWHERE and theyll know who you are.

By: actually.
#5  by: lol no   

The only sorority that would make the top ten nationally in size is AXO and thats just based on the number of members.

If you wanna use rankings based on like philanthropic contributions and size then,
AOII
AXO
Phi Mu
SK
AXiD
Phi Sig

From what I've heard personally, AXO and PhiMu are big nationally. Then AOII. Then SK and DphiE. And I'd never heard of AXiD, PhiSig, or TriSig before coming to FIU.

By: lol no
by: WrongNov 30, 2014 8:59:33 PM

AOII dominates in size and contribution to philanthropy. The only Top 10 sorority at FIU is AOII. Don't get a big head AXO....

By: Wrong
by: sororityJan 6, 2015 11:50:38 PM

DphiE is only big on the east coast. They have really no presence in the west coast and mid west regions.

By: sorority
#6  by: yup   

Yes AOII is number 1 in the us. The most well known one that fiu has for sure.

By: yup
#7  by: truth   

AOII is the most well known
then AXO
then Phi mu
then the rest aren't worth mentioning

By: truth
#8  by: Lol   

guys this is dumb. ok you joined the most recognized sorority in the country but if you don't connect with you sisters in your own chapter what good does being in a sorority do for you? I don't need "notable alum" to become one.

By: Lol

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.