facebook

los and rif

by: Wondering

As an incoming freshman, I'm hearing conflicting things about packets. Our local Panhellenic recommends getting at least 1 RIF for every house, but preferably two. They also say you need at least 2 LOS, but I've heard that OSU houses don't want LOS. I want to give all the information I can, but if it's not needed and causes too much work for the houses, then I don't want to do that either! Also, how important are really cute, decorated packets?

Posted By: Wondering
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: RIF? LOS?   

What's a RIF and what's a LOS?

By: RIF? LOS?
by: RIF LOSApr 30, 2015 3:06:03 PM

RIF Recommendstion Information Form
LOS Letter of Support
Sororitygirl101.com/2013/04/1/lets-talk-about-recommendat ions/
If you cannot find someone to write you a recommendation, contact your local alumnae chapter (call, Facebook, Twitter)they helped me out so much! But, you will be surprised how many wonderful women you know were in a sorority!

By: RIF LOS
#2  by: Cute Packets   

Oh wow, I've never thought of cute packets. Pinterest?

By: Cute Packets
by: honest opinion May 21, 2015 8:27:12 AM

I've never even heard of a "cute packet"... I wouldn't spend a lot of time worrying about that. We care more about what is in it rather than what it looks like.

By: honest opinion
#3  by: Cute Packets   

I just looked, these really are a thing! So cute!!

By: Cute Packets
by: Don't May 14, 2015 11:25:34 PM

Do not waste money on cute packets/folders/envelopes. It won't get you any bonus points with any sorority.

By: Don't
by: BullMay 18, 2015 11:20:54 AM

They go to the top of our top house. We all wanted to look at those first. Creativity is always appreciated. It means a girl really wants to be in a sorority, is a hard worker, and obviously going to put in extra effort! All qualities that ANY sorority.

By: Bull
#4  by: Bullq   

Wants :)

By: Bullq
#5  by: Rush   

PLEASE don't waste your time on these cute packets! As Asst rush chairman of a top 4 house I can promise you these do NOTHING to help you get into a house. These packets come in the mail along with everyone else's. The RIF & LOS are removed and put in binders. Those typically look the same as all the others. Rarely does anyone even look at these binders during recruitment! Usually someone summarized the information for the other members and no one really sees these things! Concentrate on your activities and grades and not on these packets!!!! They make you look desparate!

By: Rush
by: AssistantMay 31, 2015 1:22:02 PM

There is a reason you are only an assistant. You have no clue what you are talking about!

By: Assistant

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.