facebook

perfect rush

by: Curious

Are there any girls that go through recruitment and have a "perfect rush"... As in- they don't get cut by any houses at all?

Posted By: Curious
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Maybe   

There might be, but as for me, I got cut from the house I "loved" the day before pref. I'm not going to lie, I was sad, but I went to pref night with an open mind and the 3 houses I went to, I could see myself there. When I opened my bid card I was very happy. Now when I see my "favorite" house I can't imagine ever fitting in there. It's so weird, just trust the system and enjoy the whole process! It works!!

By: Maybe
#2  by: Greek-y   

Yes, of course, there are girls who get back all of the houses they want, every round. These are typically girls with excellent GPA, activities, and looks. They are also usually great conversationalists...can talk and have fun with random and varied people and have great attitudes. They may know a lot of women in the chapters too. Every year has a few superstars. Even superstars can get cut tho, if people think they will pledge their legacy or the group their best friend joined last year, or the group their boyfriends frat is paired with for HOCO. But most girls are not the superstars. It is far more common for girls to have a few bumps along the road...you think you had great convos and connections at a house only to NOT find them on your invite list next round. Doesn't mean you won't find a great home with great sisters.

By: Greek-y
#3  by: Kansas Girl   

I'll be rushing as an incoming freshman next Fall. I'm really nervous about being cut for grades. I have close to a 3.5 at my High School, but our GPA is weighted because of honors & AP classes. Do the sororities keep your HS GPA or recalculate to an unweighted GPA? If this were the case I'd have closer to a 3.1 and worry that my options would be limited.

By: Kansas Girl
by: @Kansas girlOct 26, 2014 9:07:23 PM

3.5 is not very high. They look at weighted and unweighted and in order to have a perfect recruitment, you need near a 4.0 with many AP classes. Stop worrying about a perfect recruitment and just go into recruitment with a completely open mind.

By: @Kansas girl
by: ...Oct 30, 2014 8:27:15 AM

Not only do they calculate an unweighted gpa, but it is also a core gpa. Elective classes (the cushion classes) don't count

By: ...
#4  by: Greek-y   

Call the greek life office to ask. I don't remember. If it's unweighted, list both if you can. Gets recs to the chapters and have the rec writers note the heavy AP load. Then relax and keep your grades up. Activities count too.

By: Greek-y
#5  by: Rushee   

I've heard that grade cuts are done after the first round of parties. Is this true, or do houses still cut late in
the game for grades? I know that you can get cut for various reasons at any point, just wondering if grade cuts are truly done early on like I've heard.

By: Rushee
by: sororityOct 28, 2014 8:30:04 PM

In our house most grade cuts are done after the first round. Because they is no point in keeping you for another round if you don't fit our minimum gpa requirement. Although there are exceptions if you have a legitament reason for your gpa (ex: family death, extreme sickness, etc)

By: sorority
#6  by: grades   

No one is going to be specific because that's secret membership selection information. Just relax. There isn't anything you can do at this point except keep your grades up this year, keep up your involvement, and make sure you have a couple of really good recs for each house. This summer, put your wardrobe together -- you don't need all new clothes, just things that look good on you and make you feel confident. Then during recruitment, have plenty of things to talk about. You'll do fine.

By: grades
#7  by: gpa   

They use unweighted core GPA (English, Math, Science, etc.).

By: gpa
#8  by: Hey   

I didn't have a great GPA going into rush but I have great people skills and did a lot in high school and my rush experience was great and I ended up at a great house like everyone does!

By: Hey
by: stateUNov 4, 2014 5:30:29 PM

Congrats Hey! Attitude goes a long way....good or bad. Someone who has fun and has great people skills usually ends up just fine.

By: stateU
by: Kansas GirlNov 6, 2014 5:32:16 PM

So are you saying that the GPA is just one component and that if I have favorable ratings in other areas I may still have opportunities with houses even though my unweighted GPA is below their chapter minimum? I would love to hear some responses here from girls in different houses. I understand that nobody is going to say what house they're in and that's fine, I'm just trying to decide if I should rush as a freshman or wait until sophomore year when my college GPA will reflect my true abilities. I've been taking college level (AP) classes since sophomore year in HS and have always been told that it looks better to have a B in an AP class than an A in a regular HS level course. OSU admissions & panhellenic recruitment policy seem like a complete contradiction to this.

By: Kansas Girl
#9  by: Unweighted GPA   

Bingo. You are correct. When it comes to recruitment your AP level courses don't help. Unfortunately high school counselors don't tell you that. Nobody cares about you weighted GPA.

By: Unweighted GPA
by: Be realNov 25, 2014 7:41:12 AM

You are trying to attend an Oklahoma college so of course AP classes don't matter. It's the reason you are looking to rush at this college. Grades don't matter. Stupid is as stupid does Okie!!

By: Be real
#10  by: Frat   

It is so much easier being a guy

By: Frat

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.