facebook

rushing as a sophomore

by: OSU21

I'm transferring to OSU from community college in Oklahoma and am also rushing. I was wondering how hard it is to get a bid from a sorority since I am older?

Posted By: OSU21
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: suggestion   

Since you're older, you'll have friends from high school in the various houses. Do let them know you're going through and you'd love to be a part of greek life.

By: suggestion
#2  by: Old School    

I pledged as a sophomore! I had pretty good grades, and I had already learned to study and manage my time. Like the previous poster said, I would contact friends from HS and let them
Know you're interested in Greek life! Good Luck! You will do fine!

By: Old School
#3  by: Junior   

I don't believe that grade determines whether you get into a house or not. I know many sophomores who have rushed and recieved bids to great houses! When you go through rush, the girls on the inside aren't looking to hand out bids to JUST freshman. The girls in the houses want to give bids to fun, sweet, awesome girls like you! Just be yourself, have a good time, and keep an open mind. You'll do great :)

By: Junior
#4  by: ...   

I rushed my sophomore year after a year at community college and let me tell you it was rough. Houses most definitely will cut you for being a sophomore as they want girls who can pay into the sorority for 4 whole years, not 3. I was shocked. I'm pretty, I'm great at making friends, was super involved in HS, and had a 3.5 gpa. After open house round I got cut from all but 3 houses, and after house tour I was released. It was the most heartbreaking experience, and I friend for 3 days. I ended up getting the house I wanted through COB, thankfully. I don't want to scare you, but I wish someone had told me the reality of what can happen when you're a sophomore.

By: ...

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.