facebook

what is the real reason why pike's house is abando

by: Pike's house

I'm a freshman and I see Pike's house up on the hill every day when I go back to my dorm. It seems like it was once a really nice house, but the windows are all boarded up and I've been told by upperclassmen that they've been that way for years. So what's the deal? I've heard several stories about why the house is abandoned, but I'd like to know the real reason why. Are they eventually going to move back into the house since SigEp is getting their dorm?

Posted By: Pike's house
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: I   

It got condemned for having asbestos I believe.

By: I
#2  by: Real reason   

It was condemned for having health violations. Pike is in a lot of debt, thus the reason why their house isn't redone and probably won't be redone any time soon

By: Real reason
#3  by: lol   

heard they put a hole through the first and second floor.. just went too hard lol

By: lol
by: BrokeDec 27, 2014 12:18:49 AM

If by went too hard, you mean their organization is too broke to pay for a new house then yeah.

By: Broke
#4  by: get story straight   

The house is owned by a holding company, White Horse Holdings, that leased the house to the Fraternity for years extending back before it was damaged. The damages were so severe and the fact that the fraternity was expelled from WVU caused the repairs to take a lot longer than hoped. The holding company offered the house to be purchased by the Fraternity in the late 2000's and an active alumni association attempted to raise enough money to do just that. I'm not sure where that ended, as White Horse apparently is repairing the house and created a subsidiary to manage the house as an apartment building for the Chapter. The money is there. Pi Kappa Alpha is a strong national organization. The repairs had nothing to do with the Fraternity, since the building was/is owned by another company that was in litigation with the insurance company for many years and had no use for the building until the Chapter was re-chartered at WVU.

By: get story straight
#5  by: wvu   

never going to rebuild that house.

By: wvu
#6  by: Yo   

Just wait till August 25th or when you see the first construction take place soon

By: Yo
by: aySep 18, 2017 2:07:53 PM

Lol at the doubters. people living in there now.

By: ay
#7  by: duh   

So much misleading and lying here.

White Horse Holdings is owned by Pike nationals.

By: duh
#8  by: wvub   

they threw a beach party and filled the entire house with sand and it ruined the foundation and made the house unlivable.

By: wvub

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.