facebook

trying to decide to rush or not

by: Freshman girl

Hey so I'm thinking about rushing a sorority and was just wondering about the rush weekends. Are the events all day and night/what is a typical run through of the week? Also registration closes tomorrow I believe and I'm still skeptical

Posted By: Freshman girl
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Sign up!   

The only way you're going to know if Greek life is for you is if you try it out! So go ahead and register before it's too late! If I were you, I'd sign up and then immediately talk to your rho gamma (recruitment counselor) at the first meeting so she can show you why you should stick through with it. Although some of us are on here to help PNMs out, there are obviously those who are just trying to make their own chapters more appealing so don't listen to the hateful comments that people have been leaving (and always leave as rush approaches).

As far as rushing goes, the first weekend is pretty intense, as you have 11 events between Friday and Saturday and up to 8 events on Sunday. The following weekend is much more relaxed as there are much fewer rounds.

By: Sign up!
#2  by: SS   

Recruitment events are Friday nights, Saturday day, and Sunday all day for 2 weekends. But sorority life has a lot more commitments than just 2 weekends so keep that in mind! There's fun stuff like mixers and sisterhood events but other commitments like chapter meeting and service events. Also don't forget about the financial commitment, which is different for every sorority.
I say, go for it. What do you have to lose besides the registration fee? You go through with it, you genuinely donot like it, you drop out. or you try it, you find a group you really click with, they extend you a bid, and then you have a whole new group group of friends and sisters who you can totally be yourself with, because you all had enough in common to feel comfortable with.
is there anything specific as to why you're skeptical? Because I bet you every girl has felt skeptical at one point.

By: SS
#3  by: Oooo   

They did just extend recruitment registration to the end of the week. Go sign up!

By: Oooo

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.