facebook

sophomore rushing/pledging

by: H

What's it like to rush/pledge sophomore year? Will you only get a bid if you are already friends with people in the fraternity or will it be like freshman rush/pledging, only shorter and with a smaller pledge class.

Posted By: H
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: H   

I'm a transfer to Vanderbilt

By: H
#2  by: Guest   

It's like rushing as a freshman, but with less rules about rush. Having friends in sororities doesn't effect whether or not you'll get a bid or not, but it may have some impact on how long it takes to cut you (they may keep you longer than they would have if you didn't know anyone in the sorority)

By: Guest
by: lolJan 28, 2015 6:45:15 PM

Do you know anything for guys?

Also, the getting cut part only applies if they don't want you? the way you said it makes it sound like all sophomores will eventually get cut lol

By: lol
by: GuestJan 29, 2015 1:23:45 AM

No not all sophomores get cut. But I really only know about sororities, I kinda missed the frat thing haha. But one of my guy friends rushed as a sophomore and went somewhere he really likes.

By: Guest
#3  by: Vandy   

For fraternities, it is similar to freshman rush. I think only SAE does not take a fall class, but the rest of them do. It certainly helps to get you in the door if you know someone in the fraternity, but if you are comfortable with just going places and meeting people there, you should be fine. The fall classes are typically at or under 10 people for each fraternity though. But there is usually a few sophomores who end up pledging with the freshmen in the spring who have longer to find a fraternity, so there's still a lot of time.

By: Vandy

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.